Anyone remember these Nintendo controllers?

I'm talking about these...

nintendodoubleplayeradsz3.jpg

I scanned that image from the back of an old GameBoy game booklet I found a while back. I used to have those controllers. Didn't keep them long, though, before taking them back to the store. They were so junky. It said that it is suppose to work up to 30 feet, but they never worked as advertised. They would have to be much closer and pretty much directly aligned to work. The slow motion button was a joke. All it would do is keep pausing and unpausing the game. On a game with pause sounds like Mario, it became highly annoying very quick. The turbo button was annoying, too. Anyway, I just thought the ad was funny seeing those things again.

Btw, I know what game that is in the background. It is WWF Wrestling. That looks like Andre the Giant kicking Hulk Hogan. I think I even have the game somewhere. Those were the days. :lol:

The turbo button is the ****! I totally kick every butt in the world on Street Fighter 2 using the turbobutton. 15 kicks/second = win!

As far as I'm aware that's how all slow motion worked on controllers that had the feature. It worked great on some games and no so much on others:)

Latest Posts

Back