Anyone still hybriding GT2 cars?

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 17 comments
I broke out the ole PS1 the other day along with my gameshark pro. I started messing with some of my old hybrid cars. I want to start making cars again, I already have a plan for a Miata. I just wanted to see if there is anyone out there still hybriding cars.

Not to sound nosy, but shouldn't this be in the Hybrids and Gamesharks? Other than that, I don't have a GS so I'm gone.

I'm not doing it anymore (PS1 broke down a long time ago), but I still occasionally find myself looking at some random car in real life that is also in GT2, and thinking "Hey...that could use a nice V8, maybe the 4wd from a RUF and the Escudo super soft tires..."

I'm not doing it anymore (PS1 broke down a long time ago), but I still occasionally find myself looking at some random car in real life that is also in GT2, and thinking "Hey...that could use a nice V8, maybe the 4wd from a RUF and the Escudo super soft tires..."

What's different about the Escudo's Tire System?

They're just really, really good.

I remember thinking one day about how the important parts for the Escudo (engine, drivetrain) were generally top notch, and wondered if the less important parts were just as good. The regular upgrades aren't noticeably better than any others, but the super soft tires have incredible grip compared to that of the kind of cars I tended to hybrid most (low and mid range cars, mostly).

Sometimes the hybrided car had so much grip it couldn't accelerate properly (like what happened when you set the car's grip too high via code) and sometimes they ended up with WAY too much oversteer, but mostly it worked great. The whole range of Escudo racing tires were really good, if I remember right. Seems like the GT-One tires were pretty good too.

Interesting thing about the tires. I'll have to look into this. I have been trying to get this sub 1000hp Dodge Concept Car to go around RRV in under 1 minute. I havent been very successful thus far. I plan on making a sub 1000hp miata now with escudo tires to see how fast I can go.

Yes I am, there's nothing like a 1700hp civic doing wheelies around a track going 655.35mph, truly magnificent

Discovered just today:

There is eighth gear in GT2.

Yes, this is hybriding.

No, this is no photoshop.

Gear ratio actually equals the final gear. (What else could it equal to though.)

Image removed by moderator for blunt-force AUP trauma

The revs were around 22,000, not 6,000 (don't trust the tacho).

Last edited by a moderator:
Image removed by moderator for blunt-force AUP trauma

Apparently you missed the sticky that's been at the top of this forum for 10 months.

Be more careful when cropping your images. Do this again and you may lose your membership.

7 gears only on the Pleo, right? But just one instance and you can steal it. Nothing has 8 gears.

Hey, just wondering if you've made the Taurus SHO Racing Modified with FR? I think you can submit saves here somewhere, or on GameFAQs or somewhere. The ridiculous 500 hp Intrepid and the Cougar are other candidates for Hybriding to FR. Never done it myself with GT, but I got into hex code editing for another game for PCs. It's fun to play with the nuts and bolts!

Latest Posts

Back