Anyone still playing this game?

Turkey
Turkey
thecr1xalis
Hey everyone, just thought about starting a new thread here as I was playing GTPSP at the college library on my PSP Go to pass some time (yes even in 2024). Anyone got car setup tips or funny moments they wanna share or just want to discuss anything??

I'm traveling in 2 weeks, so I might bring my Vita along. I already have all the cars thanks to the recently discovered cheats, but I'm thinking of getting the cars in every color.

GTPSP is definitely an underrated game. It had potential until Polyphony decided not to give it a proper campaign and settle with 'Driving Challenges' that weren't challenging to begin with. Nevertheless with a faithful mod community we now have analog acceleration and braking, better FOV and restored cut content.

Take the Mercedes CLK-LM, Nissan R390 and McLaren F1 GTR to the Nürburgring and compare their lap times. You'll be surprised with the F1 lap time despite being underpowered.

Yea I started last week after beating GT2.

Anyone got gold on this? The car is so slidey, and the understeer is sooooo damn severe. I can't even get silver and I've been. At it for awhile now.

How do I get this car to do anything? I watch the demo vid and it looks like it doesn't have any of the problems I'm having besides understeer on exiting the corner.

Edit: Shaving 8 entire milliseconds off this seems literally impossible and I've been mostly breezing through these so far.

I'm traveling in 2 weeks, so I might bring my Vita along. I already have all the cars thanks to the recently discovered cheats, but I'm thinking of getting the cars in every color.
Sorry double post, but check out Racing Lagoon instead. It's so good, ps1 game that got a fan translation last year.

Attachments

• 17076900724334762120173393537263.jpg
    17076900724334762120173393537263.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yea I started last week after beating GT2.

Anyone got gold on this? The car is so slidey, and the understeer is sooooo damn severe. I can't even get silver and I've been. At it for awhile now.

How do I get this car to do anything? I watch the demo vid and it looks like it doesn't have any of the problems I'm having besides understeer on exiting the corner.

Edit: Shaving 8 entire milliseconds off this seems literally impossible and I've been mostly breezing through these so far.
You have to coast when cornering as the car understeers on acceleration. Take a narrow line on the first corner which sets you up perfectly for the next one. When to fully apply the acceleration on the second corner requires multiple tries.

I still revisit this game from time to time, whether on my Vita or on an emulator on my Mac. Already collected all cars in every color (4,442 cars!) and got gold on all Driving Challenges, roughly ten years ago.

On a real PSP or Vita, loading a downloaded save file and injecting it to your system will not work, but on an emulator, it will.

Good thing with cheats recently discovered, you can get all the cars quicker, even moreso on every color.

Last edited:
Took some practice getting a decent drift on thus game, for me at least, but what really helped was changing FoV to inside the car, gives a better sense of how much counter steer u need imo

Surely they must have Dale Earnhardt's body enhanced by deep mind AI in a lab somewhere that sets these trial times. Feel like they've gotten dummy difficult. Guess my bad driving skills in RL are directly emulated here.

Last edited:
Took some practice getting a decent drift on thus game, for me at least, but what really helped was changing FoV to inside the car, gives a better sense of how much counter steer u need imo
The modding community changed the fov in 3rd person view on emulators but I don't know how to set it up on my phone. Analog acceleration and braking has also been made possible through mods.

Latest Posts

Back