Anyone thinking of restarting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Mow
  • 28 comments
  • 2,324 views
Messages
47
Last night, playing against the new AI, I actually had some fun with them (as opposed to the bananas in version 1.0).. got me thinking, with all of these fixes.. may be fun to restart, I dunno.. anyone else feeling that way?!
 
I thought of restarting when my fat PS3 crapped out. All it took for me to decide not to was the realization that it has taken me six months of work to get my garage the way I have it. THANK THE MAKER I HAD MY PROGRESS SAVED ON A USB DRIVE!!!
 
I'm really happy about the new AI since I still have a lot of a-spec left. Atleast all the really exciting stuff like endurance races. I mainly race online so often there's no time left for a-spec.
 
I think I would if they payouts in the races were increased or the prices of the cars were lowered permanently.
 
I actually did last night. The reason being is that the game froze while saving, I let it on for an hour then finally decided what the hell. Turn it off then I started thinking, if my file did get corrupted, then at least the seasonal events are still there to get quick money. I was actually surprised that it didn't get corrupted, went to copy my save file right after.

I am still thinking restarting though, but maybe with the GTP title.
 
I really don't think I would have the patience to start all over again, the time taken to build up that garage
 
I've got an alternative save that is at level 26 in A-spec. The only things I've done in it are the online special events and I have only done each of them once. I haven't touched anything else in the game at all so every event in the A-spec mode and special events are completely untouched.

The same save has B-Spec at level 32 doing nothing but online b-spec racing so the entirety of the normal B-Spec mode is also untouched.
 
Going all the way from 0 to 40 in A-B Specs? No way! Once finished, I'll backup the saves and hasta la vista...
 
I did it during the blackout.
I had already created a secondary account and sent myself a GTR Academy car.
It was a blast. I kept all cars I won, and did the grind when I had to.
Send yourself one car, pick wisely, and have fun.
In hindsight, I would have picked a hot FF Japanese car to start with.
 
Create a new account and by that you also get your new best GT buddy for various item management and such.
 

I think he means that your main account will then be the new accounts most reliable source for duping, lending cars & tickets, etc. :)
 
I just created a new account I finished the B license and halfway done with beginner in A-Spec.
 
Why restart? Just run all the events again
 
Thats a negatory.

I have sort of started playing my sub account though. I'm hoping the trading cap will be lifted at some point, then I can use the £££'s made by my sub Bobs to send myself cars. I am also addicted to suits and helmets now so i'm doing the seasonals too.
 
I made a restart once after my saved game was corrupted. But I would do it never again. I would smash my console for the need to race all this boring events again.
 
Last edited:
Create a new account and by that you also get your new best GT buddy for various item management and such.

^ this

Need a car for one event on the 2nd account? Oh, I already have it on my main. Share with friends.

Need a few extra silver chrome paint chips? Here ya go, buddy.

Find an uncommon car in the UCD that someone might trade for? I have all these extra credits, sure.. why not. Purchased.
 
If it will be so easy I'll restart it.
I'm pretty sure we all know how hard it is to complete Vettel's challenge with a DS3.
 
I made a restart once after my saved game was corrupted. But I would do it never again. I would smash my console for the need to race all this boring events again.

+1, especially now that the AI is supposed to be even faster (remember that classics racing thing :) ).
 
The AI is better now? In what ways? I can't tell any differences yet, they're still locked to the driving line and drive like robots.
 
I wouldn't restart!!! O_O I have basically every car.
 
just make a new PSN a do it there... i wouldnt restart my main/ i have before after the PP got all messed up from the patches. i regretted it. im lv 40 A-spec and B-spec again but wont ever start over
 
Since I don't imagine I'll ever "finish" my first playthrough (Level 33 now I think...) there seems no point in starting over.

Now if there was a real career mode where you had to start out racing in karts until you gained enough points to get minimal sponsorship to a higher series, then had to start out in that series in a crap car that couldn't win until you gain enough points to get better sponsorship and a better car that CAN win... etc, until you finally work your way up to a top-tier series and FINALLY get to race a full season against serious AI competitors where you really have to be able to drive to win. That would be worth doing over.
 
Was it GT2 or GT3 where it would let you reset all the different race series that have already been completed? That was an awesome feature, you could basic start over again without losing your garage.👍

I've been wanting to restart GT5 for awhile now... maybe I'll give it a go this summer.
 
My ps3 hard drive failed so I had to restart. It isn't fun. I went from driving LMP's and super gt's to driving civics. I miss all my old cars. Oh well I should have backed up my saves. From my experience restarting would not be the way to go. The grind is not fun.
 
The AI is better now? In what ways? I can't tell any differences yet, they're still locked to the driving line and drive like robots.

I have not noticed any difference either. Ai is still pure crap.
 
I unfortunately didn't want to start over, but my main account cannot be reset and Sony said they cannot do anything about it. I was 97% done with the game and only had a couple trophies left, not to mention my other game's trophies.

I have started over about 4 days ago and I have been playing it all day long and I am just about to 50%.

I almost have all of my 60 gold license's again, but I am down about 900 cars.

One thing that I am really dreading are the 2 24 hrs on A Spec :yuck:

I think the biggest part that pissed me off about restarting was the loss of my GT Academy info. Even though I didn't make it, I still liked looking at my stats to see that I was close :)
 
Back