Anyone tried a G29/920/Drivehub with CSL Elite pedals on GT Sport?

• Thread starter Goonie75
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
I currently use a G920, and use a Drivehub when playing PS4/GT Sport, and I am looking to upgrade my pedals to CSL Elites, and maybe the wheel later as well.

Has anyone used a G29/920 and CSL Elite Pedals, via a Drivehub?, and if so on PS4/GT Sport can you tell me if the CSL Elites suffer from the short brake travel and non linear brake issues that affect the normal G29/920 pedals?

...Has anyone used a G29/920 and CSL Elite Pedals, via a Drivehub?, and if so on PS4/GT Sport can you tell me if the CSL Elites suffer from the short brake travel and non linear brake issues that affect the normal G29/920 pedals?

Curious... are you saying that when using the Drivehub, that the G920 pedals have an abnormally short throw? Or are you asking someone to confirm whether or not the Logitec software adds the nonlinear pedal curve to the CSL Elites?

Curious... are you saying that when using the Drivehub, that the G920 pedals have an abnormally short throw? Or are you asking someone to confirm whether or not the Logitec software adds the nonlinear pedal curve to the CSL Elites?

The Drivehub emulates a G29 for PS4, and the short travel (due to rubber stop in brake pedal) and non-linear brake pedal response on GT Sport is well known, and is not related to the Drivehub. I am pretty confident the issue is with GT Sport as AC and PC2 have a linear pedal response and PC2 also allows normal pedal calibration.

I am asking if anyone has tried this combo and if the non-linear pedal curve is still present, as I would expect due to the GT Sport driver/config issue.

The Drivehub emulates a G29 for PS4, and the short travel (due to rubber stop in brake pedal) and non-linear brake pedal response on GT Sport is well known, and is not related to the Drivehub. I am pretty confident the issue is with GT Sport as AC and PC2 have a linear pedal response and PC2 also allows normal pedal calibration.

I am asking if anyone has tried this combo and if the non-linear pedal curve is still present, as I would expect due to the GT Sport driver/config issue.
As far as I know the well known non-linear response is for the throttle only on Gt Sport. If it were the same for the brake (with all wheel bases) as well then all pedal sets would be affected, and as it doesn't seem like anyone with Thrustmaster or Fanatec pedals is complaining, there's a fair chance it's Logitec wheel base related.

Last edited:
As far as I know the well known non-linear response is for the throttle only on Gt Sport. If it were the same for the brake (with all wheel bases) as well then all pedal sets would be affected, and as it doesn't seem like anyone with Thrustmaster or Fanatec pedals is complaining, there's a fair chance it's Logitec wheel base related.
The non-linear brake response is well documented for the G29, I don't believe I have heard it affecting Thrustmaster or Fanatec, but in my testing it is only in GT Sport (not AC or PC2), and possible added in an update to GT Sport.

Have a read of this thread, someone even created some nice graphs on post 36
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g29-pedal-calibration.376529/

The non-linear brake response is well documented for the G29, I don't believe I have heard it affecting Thrustmaster or Fanatec, but in my testing it is only in GT Sport (not AC or PC2), and possible added in an update to GT Sport.

Have a read of this thread, someone even created some nice graphs on post 36
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g29-pedal-calibration.376529/
Yeah, I missed that thread, thanks :cheers:.

So it is because the base uses fixed calibration according to post 36 (and @Outspacer is pretty cluey when it comes to this sort of thing). The other games have their own in-game calibration that could be helping by overriding/masking the G29 preset for the brake. Unfortunately it seems there's not much you can do.

Yeah, I missed that thread, thanks :cheers:.

So it is because the base uses fixed calibration according to post 36 (and @Outspacer is pretty cluey when it comes to this sort of thing). The other games have their own in-game calibration that could be helping by overriding/masking the G29 preset for the brake. Unfortunately it seems there's not much you can do.
But both AC and PC2 have a linear brake pedal response unlike GT Sport, it really looks like a GT Sport issue, if you read up enough on G29 pedals you will find posts where people are having issues with the auto calibration in GT Sport, but that has now been replaced with a fixed calibration and a non-linear curve to work with the rubber bumper that is meant to simulate a load cell, but is awful.

I can only guess that Logitech requested GT Sport to configure the G29 this way.

But both AC and PC2 have a linear brake pedal response unlike GT Sport,
Like I said, both of those games can be calibrated in-game manually so it's probably masking the issue.
edit: Much like how Fanatec's on board programming can override in-game settings (wheel rotation for instance).
it really looks like a GT Sport issue, if you read up enough on G29 pedals you will find posts where people are having issues with the auto calibration in GT Sport, but that has now been replaced with a fixed calibration and a non-linear curve to work with the rubber bumper that is meant to simulate a load cell, but is awful.
Which makes it a Logitech issue, and because Logitech can't update the drivers/firmware for you guys you're stuck with it. Thrustmaster/Fanatec pedals can run with or without brake mods with no problem at all, and both can be used with Drivehub emulating a G29 and still have no problems... as long as it's with a Fanatec/Thrustmaster base and not with an actual G29.
I can only guess that Logitech requested GT Sport to configure the G29 this way.
Which would also make it a Logitech issue and not a GT Sport issue. I still think it's the drivers/firmware of the Logitech base.

Last edited:
I currently use a G920, and use a Drivehub when playing PS4/GT Sport, and I am looking to upgrade my pedals to CSL Elites, and maybe the wheel later as well.

Has anyone used a G29/920 and CSL Elite Pedals, via a Drivehub?, and if so on PS4/GT Sport can you tell me if the CSL Elites suffer from the short brake travel and non linear brake issues that affect the normal G29/920 pedals?

I haven't tried such a combination, nor a drivehub at all TBH. My thinking is that with the pedals plugged into the drivehub it would be as OK as possible with GTS, and the drivehub will surely bypass the deadzone issue of the G29 brake (that's hard-coded in the wheelbase's firmware).

I don't know whether GTS does anything different when it detects a G29, but I didn't notice anything. If it did, anyone using a drivehub with any wheel/pedals could say; it wouldn't be limited to specific combinations of wheels/pedals. The thing about the G29 deadzone is that the wheelbase takes information out which can never be brought back, although with the bung fitted it does give the full range - so I can't think of a reason for GTS to do anything further with it. (I can't think why the non-linear throttle is there either :lol:, but that's the same for all wheels).

Like I said, both of those games can be calibrated in-game manually so it's probably masking the issue.
edit: Much like how Fanatec's on board programming can override in-game settings (wheel rotation for instance). Which makes it a Logitech issue, and because Logitech can't update the drivers/firmware for you guys you're stuck with it. Thrustmaster/Fanatec pedals can run with or without brake mods with no problem at all, and both can be used with Drivehub emulating a G29 and still have no problems... as long as it's with a Fanatec/Thrustmaster base and not with an actual G29.
Which would also make it a Logitech issue and not a GT Sport issue. I still think it's the drivers/firmware of the Logitech base.
Yes both PC2 and AC can be calibrated but they also don't suffer from the non-linear pedal response, which means it's not the wheel base or drive hub.

It is most likely a Logitech issue, but it only affects GT Sport out of the 3 games I have tested.

Last edited:
I haven't tried such a combination, nor a drivehub at all TBH. My thinking is that with the pedals plugged into the drivehub it would be as OK as possible with GTS, and the drivehub will surely bypass the deadzone issue of the G29 brake (that's hard-coded in the wheelbase's firmware).

I don't know whether GTS does anything different when it detects a G29, but I didn't notice anything. If it did, anyone using a drivehub with any wheel/pedals could say; it wouldn't be limited to specific combinations of wheels/pedals. The thing about the G29 deadzone is that the wheelbase takes information out which can never be brought back, although with the bung fitted it does give the full range - so I can't think of a reason for GTS to do anything further with it. (I can't think why the non-linear throttle is there either :lol:, but that's the same for all wheels).

One of the guys I race with from work uses a G27 via a GIMX, the GIMX also emulates a G29, and his G27 suffers from the same 2 issues in GTS, he can adjust the config on the GIMX to get 100% travel back but not the non-linear response, but when he fixes the pedal travel he can then see the reduced travel in the calibration on PC2, again pointing to the issue only being in GTS out of the 3 games.

One of the guys I race with from work uses a G27 via a GIMX, the GIMX also emulates a G29, and his G27 suffers from the same 2 issues in GTS, he can adjust the config on the GIMX to get 100% travel back but not the non-linear response, but when he fixes the pedal travel he can then see the reduced travel in the calibration on PC2, again pointing to the issue only being in GTS out of the 3 games.

Yup, seems to point that way. It wouldn't surprise me even though I can't see a reason for it!

I think the drivehub would avoid any pedal issue caused directly by the G29/920 wheelbase, but not any issue caused by GTS when it thinks it's got a G29 (as in, anything connected through gimx or drivehub). Seems likely you'd have the same issue as your work-mate, but without the same ability to adjust the config (I don't know what drivehub offers in that regard).

Thanks for dropping in to assist 👍:cheers:.

Regarding the part I've bolded: That was my thinking. I haven't seen or heard anything from the multitudes of Drivehub users complaining of this so that's why I think it's a G29 only issue, and that it's hard-coded in the same way as the brake deadzone. I also think it's possible that games like AC and PC2, being PC based, are overriding the wheel base instructions just by the way you can trick G29's into using different wheel rotations in them and be able to remove the deadzone, unlike in GT Sport. Of course I could be way off on both :lol:.

Maybe @Podger could test to see if any other bases using Drivehub to emulate a G29 have this non-linear brake pedal for us? That would tell us for sure whether it's base or game related.

Ps: I still don't get the non-linear throttle either :boggled:.

I think the base as a lot to do with it. Logitech shoved in a spacer and then tried to use maths in the base to fix it. I cant use DriveHub to stretch the range of the pedals.. however there is a few thing that would remove the base from the equation...
just use any other pedals.... fanatec v3 etc... but I doubt that's really an option, else you'd just get a fanatec rig
use a usb adapter, the T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER with the DB9 PEDALS T.RJ12 ADAPTER from TM, this makes you existing G29 pedals USB, removing the base....
we have a new product coming out called DriveHub CoPilot, all it does is make G2x and TM pedals USB, and it includes a port for the G2x shifters... @Goonie75 if you want to pm me, I'll see about sending you a beta board, I have 1 extra lying about...

so if you then go the LogiFan mode, you might be all set.

I think the base as a lot to do with it. Logitech shoved in a spacer and then tried to use maths in the base to fix it. I cant use DriveHub to stretch the range of the pedals.. however there is a few thing that would remove the base from the equation...
just use any other pedals.... fanatec v3 etc... but I doubt that's really an option, else you'd just get a fanatec rig
use a usb adapter, the T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER with the DB9 PEDALS T.RJ12 ADAPTER from TM, this makes you existing G29 pedals USB, removing the base....
we have a new product coming out called DriveHub CoPilot, all it does is make G2x and TM pedals USB, and it includes a port for the G2x shifters... @Goonie75 if you want to pm me, I'll see about sending you a beta board, I have 1 extra lying about...

so if you then go the LogiFan mode, you might be all set.
Sounds good, PM on its way soon.

I have thought about trying the TM adapters, but was worried they would just emulate the G29 pedals thru the Drivehub anyway since I am mainly using a PS4.

Keen to try the updated Logifan mode with the FFB fixes you mentioned in the Drivehub thread, do you know when and what number the FW will be?

Just try the latest one 2.0.4-beta.15... it’s dated after I made that comment... I’ll be putting one up later today with support for WRC 8 and he sim sprint pro pedals added..

The TM adapters would not have the issue the base has.. the base is dealing with a shorter range on movement on the brake pedal and so when you remove the stopper the extra movement is dead zone... the pedal adapter “should” calibrate the range, mine does, it take max and min value, which defaults to somewhere near center, and then pushes the max and min out anytime it gets a higher value.. then this is the range used to get 100% physical range from the pedals... I figured you can always add deadzone in the game.

Last edited:
Back