Anyone up for a challenge?

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Back in the GT3 days i started up a race series, that were pretty extr3me at the time, as such not too many people were daring enough to try them!

My last race failed miserably with no-one doing it, but then again GT4 was very close to being released at the time and peeps, like me, likely got a taste of GT4 Prologue and didn't want to go back.

Anywho, in order;

100 Laps of Complex String
- A surprising amount of people participated in this, including Famine, and i still have fond memories of competing in it in my red 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (sideways fun!). Almost have an inclination to give it another go actually...

225 Laps of Special Stage Route 11
- I also have quite fond memories of this race, used a modified yellow Honda NSX and grew to like it.

300 Laps of Midfield Raceway
- Potentially the least boring race, yet it wasn't completed by anyone (to my knowledge)!

While i haven't had too much spare time since joining the working world all those years back, i still like doing long races like this.

Anyone here keen to give them a crack? ;)

Back in the GT3 days i started up a race series, that were pretty extr3me at the time, as such not too many people were daring enough to try them!

My last race failed miserably with no-one doing it, but then again GT4 was very close to being released at the time and peeps, like me, likely got a taste of GT4 Prologue and didn't want to go back.

Anywho, in order;

100 Laps of Complex String
- A surprising amount of people participated in this, including Famine, and i still have fond memories of competing in it in my red 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (sideways fun!). Almost have an inclination to give it another go actually...

225 Laps of Special Stage Route 11
- I also have quite fond memories of this race, used a modified yellow Honda NSX and grew to like it.

300 Laps of Midfield Raceway
- Potentially the least boring race, yet it wasn't completed by anyone (to my knowledge)!

While i haven't had too much spare time since joining the working world all those years back, i still like doing long races like this.

Anyone here keen to give them a crack? ;)

I would give them a shot, but my disc is broke. :ouch: :boggled: 🤬 :banghead: :(

true, but I figure we can pick up more interested members if the challenges feel accessible.

THEN we can drop the slam hammer and do the hundred-lap gauntlets :)

You know, in all honesty, from the details here, these aren't my type of challenges. It feels like a walk-athon, you know, huge distance, great deal of time, all we need now is a charity event to sponsor and we're there! (that I would do actually, drive x kms for charity, if people donated, and I liked the charity).

I would do any of those courses, within a certain timeframe x car PP that would be hard to do, that I would find interesting, but not this, no thanks.

Last edited:
Just driving for the sake of driving, ok! I have almost 10K miles on an F090. That could be one. I'm in, i'll let you know the first one I complete!

I did for a brief moment think of doing the complex string challenge. Then realized that I would have to monopolize the PS2 for a very long time. Not an option when you have 3 boys who also want their gaming fix. I tried to think of an excuse to give my wife and realized that there was none and I would be signing my death warrant. Something like 10-30 would have been possible I guess.

In the Midfield and SSR5 events, the Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept '00 is listed as being eligable. :)

Should try something that will be a challenge/fun to drive though. ;) Like my 300ZX, could slide it around the corners if i got bored with grip.

Back