Anyone up for a challenge?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by SkylineObsession, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

Back in the GT3 days i started up a race series, that were pretty extr3me at the time, as such not too many people were daring enough to try them!

My last race failed miserably with no-one doing it, but then again GT4 was very close to being released at the time and peeps, like me, likely got a taste of GT4 Prologue and didn't want to go back.

Anywho, in order;

100 Laps of Complex String
    - A surprising amount of people participated in this, including Famine, and i still have fond memories of competing in it in my red 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (sideways fun!). Almost have an inclination to give it another go actually...

225 Laps of Special Stage Route 11
    - I also have quite fond memories of this race, used a modified yellow Honda NSX and grew to like it.

300 Laps of Midfield Raceway
    - Potentially the least boring race, yet it wasn't completed by anyone (to my knowledge)!

While i haven't had too much spare time since joining the working world all those years back, i still like doing long races like this.

Anyone here keen to give them a crack? ;)

2. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

Guess not. ;)

3. Supacat15

Supacat15

I will give it a try I like a challenge

4. dudejo

dudejo

Perhaps we can try lighter races and work our way up?

5. jacnob

jacnob

I would give them a shot, but my disc is broke. :ouch: :boggled: :censored: :banghead: :(

6. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

Bah, but that uses up more valuable gaming time! ;)

7. dudejo

dudejo

true, but I figure we can pick up more interested members if the challenges feel accessible.

THEN we can drop the slam hammer and do the hundred-lap gauntlets :)

8. Conza

Conza Premium

You know, in all honesty, from the details here, these aren't my type of challenges. It feels like a walk-athon, you know, huge distance, great deal of time, all we need now is a charity event to sponsor and we're there! (that I would do actually, drive x kms for charity, if people donated, and I liked the charity).

I would do any of those courses, within a certain timeframe x car PP that would be hard to do, that I would find interesting, but not this, no thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. mckeag53

mckeag53

Just driving for the sake of driving, ok! I have almost 10K miles on an F090. That could be one. I'm in, i'll let you know the first one I complete!

10. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

Can't use race cars though. ;)

11. oldmodelt

oldmodelt

I did for a brief moment think of doing the complex string challenge. Then realized that I would have to monopolize the PS2 for a very long time. Not an option when you have 3 boys who also want their gaming fix. I tried to think of an excuse to give my wife and realized that there was none and I would be signing my death warrant. Something like 10-30 would have been possible I guess.

12. mckeag53

mckeag53

I was more just noting the mileage on that.

What would the Viper GTS R concept be considered?

I ran some test laps with it for the midfield one in the Viper... I calculated times and it would take over 6.5 hours.

13. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

In the Midfield and SSR5 events, the Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept '00 is listed as being eligable. :)

Should try something that will be a challenge/fun to drive though. ;) Like my 300ZX, could slide it around the corners if i got bored with grip.