Anyone use Fanatec stuff anymore?

• Thread starter Vaxxtx
  • 4 comments
United States
San Antonio Tex
Vaxxtx
Vaxxtx
I am curious as I have been out of the sim racing scene for years now, if some of my Fanatec stuff is still useful to anyone?

I was going through my closet of PC parts and gear, and came across my Fanatec 911 GT2 wheel and CSR Elite pedals.

I was trying to get info if they are still sold anywhere to get an idea of how much I could list them on CL for. Not much info, and not many being sold.

I remember loving this setup, and having a blast with it and kind of sad they are just sitting in my closet. Would like to get them to someone who could get some use out of it.

Any feedback on this gear?

The value of that kit is mostly for PC users now. They worked great on PS3 and Xbox 360, but the wheel is only compatible with a couple of early PS4 games (pCARS and DiRT Rally being the main two), not anything released recently.

For PC use they are still good, though, and the pedals are probably in quite high demand since they were discontinued and no direct replacement (CSL Elite pedals are coming soon and somewhat changes that but doesn't offer the same level of customization).

I'd expect that you could sell the pedals easily for a reasonable portion of their original value. The Porsche wheel has been rather usurped by more modern belt driven wheels which offer considerably better performance, so I expect it would be less in demand among PC users.

I sold 3 sets of CSR Elite Pedals recently, & they went for £140, £130, & £120 cash depending on the condition. They were £140 new when last sold, not including delivery. They hold their price very well, & if yours are in good condition & clean you will easily get top dollar for them.

The wheels go for less than the pedals do, & don't hold their price as well. I sold a GT3 wheel for £85 second hand, with the box & all accessories. The GT2 wheel is better & should go for slightly more though.

List them here & see what you get offered: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/forum/37-sim-gear-buy-and-sell/

:)

VBR
The GT2 wheel is better & should go for slightly more though.

I wouldn't say the GT2 is better, it's just a GT3 with XB360 support and backlights in the buttons. Should be worth the same amount.

I wouldn't say the GT2 is better, it's just a GT3 with XB360 support and backlights in the buttons. Should be worth the same amount.

I've had 2 GT3's pass through my hands & own a GT2. They feel identical in Project CARS, but in GT6 the GT3 felt way better (perhaps because one of the GT3's was on old firmware). The GT2 has illuminated buttons that makes navigation much easier than the GT3. I prefer the GT2 overall. The GT2 originally had a much higher price tag than the GT3.

Last edited:
Back