More specifically I'm asking if anyone has been racing where fuel and tire wear is on and you found you could rebalance the car to compensate for fuel and tire by changing RA function settings. Like in fact real world drivers have to do...👍 This of course is most conveniently done with the DFGT but we all have DualShocks I presume...
So, unnecessary cause GT5 doesnt model things that unbalance braking etc or sure do I it all the time????
Yeah I use it for brake balance, but this is sort of broken too. (what isn't in this game?)
When in qualifying any changes you made using the "on the fly" settings are all reset to default when the race starts, so you either have to quit out and change in the menu or fumble around when racing (DS3)!
I use it to fiddle with torque split on AWD cars. Otherwise I never usually do anything with it (unless I start a race and forget to turn driving aids off beforehand).
I drive with a pad so I tend to alter the brake pressures during 20-30 lap races (until a tyre stop) - without it I'd have to have ABS on which destroys tyres.
The thing that annoys me about the RA menu is that there's no option to leave it 'on'.
- Off a standing start using TCS 1 then switching to TCS 0 once I'm not traction limited.
- Some circuits/cars benefit a different brake balance for different corners. This also comes into play with tyre wear active - less brake bias for the tyres that are wearing the quickest.
- As above, some 4WD cars benefit a different torque distribution at different points.
Those are regular circumstances that I will use RA for.
@phil_75 - what's broken about the BB? Works fine for me.
Use it on most races to change brake balance and the amount of TC I use. E.g. I put TC on 0 at the beginning of an enduro and slowly creep it up to about 5 by the time my tires are shot. And as said before I have it to change torque balance.