Anyone win a Black C1?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GotTorque
  • 24 comments
  • 1,268 views
Messages
40
I have won 3 white ones, and 1 red one so far. Red looks good except for that tan top.

The blue also looks good, but it looks rather sophisticated in black. And there were only 4 black 54s sold IRL.

What's the point of having multiple prize colors when they keep giving out the same one you already won (and still have in your garage)?
 
I first got the blue one, modded that up, then got the black one the second time, and I plan to leave that stock.
 
perseverance, man, perseverance ; )

i had to go through the japan '90s cup more than 10 times until i got the yellow 400r - by then i had collected one black, one silver and ~10 red ones ; )
 
Ha, that's funny, I got the yellow one on my first go. Got the black one second time I believe. I know that in GT1 there were colors that were actually rare, but I'm not sure if there are colors in GT4 that are consistently rare for everyone.
 
I got the blakc 400R in my first try :) now i'ma go for the red, silver and yellow :)
 
Master_Yoda
I got the blakc 400R in my first try :) now i'ma go for the red, silver and yellow :)

Me too. But I figured something out lastnight; if you constantly A-spec a certain event to get a car in a different color, you will almost always get it in a different color. This happened when I was trying to get the Superbird in each color. 11 times in a row I did it and got a different color every time.

Then, lastnight, I B-spec'd the Hot Rod Comp. to get the Chevelle in black cherry or cranberry red, but my first time through got a color I already had. It would make sense if this is really the case; to be awarded with the car in a different color every time if you're putting in the work to do so by A-specing it.
 
That's a good theory. I was going to say that you only got a different color each time you got the Superbird because there are about 35 colors for that, but then when you mentioned the Chevelle, which I think has at least 20 colors, it seemed credible. Perhaps Famine or someone of his ilk could shed some light on this?
 
Studentdriver
That's a good theory. I was going to say that you only got a different color each time you got the Superbird because there are about 35 colors for that, but then when you mentioned the Chevelle, which I think has at least 20 colors, it seemed credible. Perhaps Famine or someone of his ilk could shed some light on this?

You're right about the Superbird having more colors, and therefore having more of a chance to get a different one each time. That crossed my mind. But come on, 11 times I did the Muscle Car Comp., and got a different color Superbird each time. And with the Chevelle, sure it has 15 -20 less colors, but the first time I re-did it, I got one I already had. I have the NTSC version too, so that might be different for any PAL players if whay I'm saying is true.
 
well, i still don't know what happened with the probability function on that wild run of red ones, but later on i did the same cup several times more and i got another yellow one and again a couple of red ones. i'm getting the feeling that for one reason or another on my setup the red ones are, erm, fairly popular : ) btw, in my case it can't be a matter of a-vs-b speccing as i don't b-spec. it could be a matter of a-spec pointes though, as all those times i used the same nsx in exactly the same setup.
 
Master_Yoda
I got the blakc 400R in my first try :) now i'ma go for the red, silver and yellow :)

Red and silver are the best. I've got silver. Last gamesave I got a red C1. Just remember to get the normal tires for it if you want whitewalls.
 
I got the Yellow 400R the first time. And never used it. lol (until recently, I thought it would be good for drifting on the Tsukuba wet courses (being 4WD, and yellow (bright flashy colored car going sideways lol) - but found it to be poor, and have used the "Special Color" MNP R-34 instead)

Ok, now this is weird. The first 2 times I ran that series, I used the camaro R. I got a white C1 each time. (A-Spec once, B-Spec once)

Then I used the C5R, B-Specced it, and got a red one. Then I used the Ford GT LM, B-Specced it, and got a 3rd white one. Then I (just now) used the C5R again, B-Specced 1 race, lost, and A-specced the rest against that stupid ringer Chaparral 2J, scraped by, and got a 2nd red one.

Each time with the camaro - white.
Each time with the C5R - red.
Once with the Ford GT - white.

There is a book called "All Corvettes Are Red". Maybe that's why the C5R gets you the red one? lol

Just seems a little too coincidental. You guys who got the blue and black ones, what car did you use, and which mode did you race the series in?
 
3-Wheel Drive
Red and silver are the best. I've got silver. Last gamesave I got a red C1. Just remember to get the normal tires for it if you want whitewalls.

Oh so THAT explains it. lol I thought it was a bug with how it was rendered - no white walls when awarded or in the garage, but white walls when racing - because I run it on N3s. lol

It's a sweet ride on N3s, with a default race suspension (with sway bars notched down. Sucks that you have to get a full race suspension just for new swaybars lol), race exhaust and supercharger. (oh and tranny)
 
I used a Camaro LM Race Car and got a red C1 the last time I raced that event.
 
3-Wheel Drive
Red and silver are the best. I've got silver. Last gamesave I got a red C1. Just remember to get the normal tires for it if you want whitewalls.
Then I need to take a pic of my 400R.. Black on black, it looks sexy :)
 
I got it! I got it! I got it! :D :cool:

I went back and tried it one more time before heading to bed. As I didn't trust taking the Ford GT LM, camaro LM or C5R again, I looked for something new. Found I sold my 2J, and ended up settling on my Cien.

Slapped a wing and some slicks on it, and went racing. As this was a street car, and a heavy one, with slow shifts, I couldn't trust B-Spec to do it. I did try to let him run one race (NYC), and he blew it, so I took over again and ran the rest myself.

I lost one as well (and a 4th place at that), but won the series and got my black C1!! :sly:

Could be that I A-Specced it again, right after winning a red one. Could be that I used a non-race car. Or it could have something to do with the standings.

Now I want the blue one (of course lol). Just don't want to risk using the Cien again and not getting it, that was a workout.
 
I don't think it depends so much on the car you use, but on how you shake the proverbial Magic 8-ball.
 
Black C1 in first event win

Here it is

 
Madnor
Nordam
Donram
Random

:)

(these topics remind me of all the folks who swore up & down that they could select which of the three prize cars offered when you win an event in GT3 by pressing X at just the right time.... It was random then, it's still random now. A-spec... B-spec... it's still random)
 
Digital-Nitrate
Madnor
Nordam
Donram
Random

:)

(these topics remind me of all the folks who swore up & down that they could select which of the three prize cars offered when you win an event in GT3 by pressing X at just the right time.... It was random then, it's still random now. A-spec... B-spec... it's still random)

..but you never know what they use to seed their random generator ; )
 
3-Wheel Drive
I don't think it depends so much on the car you use, but on how you shake the proverbial Magic 8-ball.
This discussion is starting to sound like all the voodoo methods of influencing the GT3 'wheel of prize cars'. Some people were totally convinced that you could pick which car you won if you just timed the right keystroke combination correctly.

It got so bad that Der Alta spent an entire evening using the 'save and reload' trick to try each alleged method 20 or 30 times in a row, and graphing the results of what car was awarded. Even after he proved it was totally random using hundreds of reloads and controlled testing, some people still believed that you could time your button presses right to guarantee the car you wanted.
 
Duke
This discussion is starting to sound like all the voodoo methods of influencing the GT3 'wheel of prize cars'.
Actually, what I meant by "proverbial Magic 8-ball" was that it's all chance. Like a Magic 8-ball, the outcome will be completely random, and no matter what you do, nothing will influence the game to give you one color over another. Just like shaking an 8-ball, no matter how hard or long you shake it, the outcome is still completely random, and you may get the result three times in a row, or never in 30 tries.
 
Duke
This discussion is starting to sound like all the voodoo methods of influencing the GT3 'wheel of prize cars'. Some people were totally convinced that you could pick which car you won if you just timed the right keystroke combination correctly.

It got so bad that Der Alta spent an entire evening using the 'save and reload' trick to try each alleged method 20 or 30 times in a row, and graphing the results of what car was awarded. Even after he proved it was totally random using hundreds of reloads and controlled testing, some people still believed that you could time your button presses right to guarantee the car you wanted.

Yeah, but it worked nearly some of the time almost.
 
3-Wheel Drive
Actually, what I meant by "proverbial Magic 8-ball" was that it's all chance. Like a Magic 8-ball, the outcome will be completely random, and no matter what you do, nothing will influence the game to give you one color over another. Just like shaking an 8-ball, no matter how hard or long you shake it, the outcome is still completely random, and you may get the result three times in a row, or never in 30 tries.
...which is exactly what I meant, not coincidentally.
 
Famine
Yeah, but it worked nearly some of the time almost.
25% of the time with four cars, but oddly enough it improved to 33% of the time when there was only three prize cars available. ;)
 
Back