Anyone with a Fanatec GT DD Pro near Hull?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm needing to replace my G29 and the obvious replacement is the GT DD Pro. Thing is I've only the one hand and the wheel is more than I can reasonably afford. I need to make sure it is the right purchase! Has anyone got one nearish to Hull who would be willing to give me a try? There's always the 14 day distance selling rules but I'd rather not test it that way. If you can help or have any suggestions let me know. Ta

I’m living on the other side of the channel, so i can’t help you with that.

I do know that it’s a big upgrade. Don’t expect miracles from the FFB, PD is to blame for that. But the DD works like a charm. If it’s worth your hard earned money is up to you.
For me the pedals were the biggest upgrade, comming from a T150.

You cant find a cheaper DD system and it’s easy to upgrade with other pedals, wheels and to a 8Nm system.

Edit: the upgrades are easy, definitely not cheap.

Last edited:
This may solve your problem: I’m not sure you’ll actually be able to find a GT DD Pro anymore. Aren’t they sold out?

I bought it and returned it. It's thoughtful of you to try it before buying, because GT7 has very poor force feedback and makes you wonder if it's worth it.

Returning it wasn't easy, package got lost, then they found it again (UPS, funny how they found it right after i told them it was insured for 1000 euros) and then 10 days waiting for a simple reply from Fanatec. Eventually they accepted the parcel and refunded.

I bought it and returned it. It's thoughtful of you to try it before buying, because GT7 has very poor force feedback and makes you wonder if it's worth it.

Returning it wasn't easy, package got lost, then they found it again (UPS, funny how they found it right after i told them it was insured for 1000 euros) and then 10 days waiting for a simple reply from Fanatec. Eventually they accepted the parcel and refunded.

GT7 only had poor FFB for one update, with a hack to get around it.

everything compared to ACC is poor, even Iracing.

Ffb is monstrous in acc isn't it. Different realm. People really should try it if they have a wheel (not sure how good it is on non dd wheel setups?.)

GT7 only had poor FFB for one update, with a hack to get around it.
No that was when it was good (better). The "hack" was adjusting your wheel setup to get the most out of it.

I was thinking today what utter tripe the ffb is in gt7 when i was trying out the faster but more tricky gt3 cars. It's especially compared to GTS, which again, is a remarkable fail from PD

Anyway i have a gt dd pro and I would say it's not worth it, least of all for gt7. The Shortcut buttons are cool for GTS though but neither game has convinced me it's a worthwhile upgrade from my t300 in terms of feel or laptime. Otoh everything is better than a g29!

I live in Northampton, so if you're ever at Silverstone, Rockingham, santa pod etc. give me a bell.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm needing to replace my G29 and the obvious replacement is the GT DD Pro. Thing is I've only the one hand and the wheel is more than I can reasonably afford. I need to make sure it is the right purchase! Has anyone got one nearish to Hull who would be willing to give me a try? There's always the 14 day distance selling rules but I'd rather not test it that way. If you can help or have any suggestions let me know. Ta

In bournemouth btw, I'm case you're down here at some point in the summer.

I have no experience of logitech hardware in recent years, but it's a defo step up from the logitrcg I had 10 years back.

Was going to say value proposition different for everyone in terms of how much they play racing games, how much disposable income etc.

Works great with acc and project cars 2, and probably fine with tge f1 series too, although I only tried f1 21 with it for 10 mins as f1 not really my thing.

Do you have to tame the ffb when using 1 hand?

Last edited:
B80
In bournemouth btw, I'm case you're down here at some point in the summer.

I have no experience of logitech hardware in recent years, but it's a defo step up from the logitrcg I had 10 years back.

Was going to say value proposition different for everyone in terms of how much they play racing games, how much disposable income etc.

Works great with acc and project cars 2, and probably fine with tge f1 series too, although I only tried f1 21 with it for 10 mins as f1 not really my thing.

Do you have to tame the ffb when using 1 hand?
I used to run at max, which I think is only 2nm on the G29 but have since turned it down to setting 6 so that my wrist doesn't suffer as much after hours at the wheel.

I think I need to try a number of different options to see what benefit I can gain with better FFB using the one hand. DD pro being DD and having the coloured switches has great appeal as near impossible to alter fuel maps accurately throughout a lap for me currently. Whether I can justify the cost is another matter if gains marginal. Comments here suggest the performance is exaggerated by Fanatecs performance paid affiliates on YouTube.

I know everyone says the G29 is pap relative to others. What I want is a better feeling of grip when using just one hand. I can't really ask others either as they probably won't have acquired the same sensitivity/skill for driving one handed. Why would you if you didn't have too!!

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any retailers offering side by side demos of the different wheels.

Thanks all for your input 👍

I used to run at max, which I think is only 2nm on the G29 but have since turned it down to setting 6 so that my wrist doesn't suffer as much after hours at the wheel.

I think I need to try a number of different options to see what benefit I can gain with better FFB using the one hand. DD pro being DD and having the coloured switches has great appeal as near impossible to alter fuel maps accurately throughout a lap for me currently. Whether I can justify the cost is another matter if gains marginal. Comments here suggest the performance is exaggerated by Fanatecs performance paid affiliates on YouTube.

I know everyone says the G29 is pap relative to others. What I want is a better feeling of grip when using just one hand. I can't really ask others either as they probably won't have acquired the same sensitivity/skill for driving one handed. Why would you if you didn't have too!!

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any retailers offering side by side demos of the different wheels.

Thanks all for your input 👍

Yeah, its a pretty obscure tech it seems. I couldn;t find anything like that when I hunted around earlier this year.

If no one responds (and when they have stock), maybe just buy it, can always return if needed - I know you;re slightly anxious about that, but really shoudln;t be any issues, if you pay for insurance, return it quickly etc.

Last edited:
Back