Anything like the G25 steering wheel coming to 360? 6 speed and clutch!!

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
Is there any word on Microsoft or anyone making something similar to the Logitech G25 wheel for the 360??? Holy crap when something like this comes to the 360 is when I will buy a wheel. It has a clutch and a 6 speed shifter. That G25 is sick!!!!

Is there any word on Microsoft or anyone making something similar to the Logitech G25 wheel for the 360??? Holy crap when something like this comes to the 360 is when I will buy a wheel. It has a clutch and a 6 speed shifter. That G25 is sick!!!!

Your reasoning is the same as mine. The current Microsoft wheel was nothing but a disappointment, in my eyes. I'm pretty sure that not every car came with paddle shifters, lacked the ability of a fully rotating steering wheel, and was missing a clutch pedal (for those manual cars). I'm anxious for a 360 release of a G25 (or equivalent) steering wheel. The fact that we haven't seen one thus far, is a big let down. Especially since Forza 2 is coming out next week. :grumpy:

I think that if Logitech is smart, they will release a G25 XB360 Spec for us. We have the best driving games available when compared to a PS3 or PS2 (except for a few exceptions). We have TDU, PGR3, Forza 2, and more stuff coming. We need a wheel like the G25.

It's not up to Logitech though. It's Microsoft who are being greedy little fellows, who won't allow Logitech to build a wheel for them.

And it's easy to see why since they know their MS wheel would drop in sales against a Logitech.

The reason the DFP sold so well was its high quality and its full pc compatibility. Anyway to say they should release a G25 like wheel based on games that already came out is a little short sighted. How many racing games utilize the current wheel on 360? 2? Where on PS3 there are 4 currently that use the DFP.

The only future games(for 360 not Forza2) that would benefit from a gate shifter are all multiplatform. So there is no better or worse scenario for a 360 advantage. They have even reasons. However the G25 is already compatible with PS3, they just need the software to add gate shifting.

...Don't leave-out PGR4 this fall, but yes, there isn't much in terms of racing coming out for the 360 that would be all that exciting for "real" racing (yes, I'm eagerly awaiting NASCAR '08).

I do know that Microsoft has to license-out any after market stuff for the 360 and approve it for quality and such, and with their own product pretty much controlling the market (I think there is a MadKatz wheel now, isn't there?), I really can't see Microsoft giving out anything to anyone in terms of a new wheel.

...Of course, I very well could be wrong. I'm usually pretty good at that...

Honestly, I'm uncertain of how many people who play Forza2 really want the option of using a clutch and a manually-shifted stick. We've got to remember that we here at GTP are a bit of a different, usually more hardcore breed of racing fans when it comes to games.

Personally speaking, I'd be just fine with the current wheel, but thats just me... If you want Microsoft to change, you're going to have to address the source, or one of their underlying minions (like Turn 10 and Bizarre) to get these kinds of changes to happen.

Good or bad, we're stuck with what we've got. Sony is probably two years away from any kind of GT5, and the rest of the games will largely be made up with your various Need for Speeds, PGRs, and other arcadey-types to keep us all entertained until then.

Back