Anyway to make WMP 12 (Windows 7) Black?

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 17 comments
Australia
South Australia
GTP_Legendary724
Legendary724
I dislike the lightish blue colour of the windows media player that comes with windows 7 and have been trying to find a way to change colour. Does anyone know? I would like it to kind of look like WMP 11, basically I want it to look black.

Thanks in advance :).

Right-click the desktop, click Personalize, click Window Color, click Active Window, change colors as needed.

That's just the title bar, TB. ;)

There's no way to change the colour of WMP12, Legendary. You can have it in any colour so long as it's pale blue.

That's just the title bar, TB. ;)

There's no way to change the colour of WMP12, Legendary. You can have it in any colour so long as it's pale blue.
Damn, surely there is a theme or something out there, it just looks so bland in pale blue. I really liked the appearance of WMP 11.
TB
Thought that's what he was talking about. :dunce:
Nah, the whole thing I would like in a different colour :/

I dont use windows aero (it doesnt run) so I cant change any of windows appearance options.

Wow, that sucks. You have to do some tinkering to change the theme color. I think even Vista supported color changes without Aero.

Yeah, all the way, until I get my iPod touch in a month or two where I will probably use that damn iTunes program.

/facepalm doubly.

First for using WMP over Foobar or KM PLayer, 2nd for getting an iPod and suffering under iTunes, the worst of the worst media programs on Windows.

Use Foobar2000.

Also, get a Sansa or Creative over an iPod; superior audio quality and drag and drop support.

Is this any help?

WMP12 Black Glass X64

I think that it only works with 64bit versions of Windows 7, take a look and see though! 👍
It seems that doesnt work on 32bit :/, thanks anyway.

/facepalm doubly.

First for using WMP over Foobar or KM PLayer, 2nd for getting an iPod and suffering under iTunes, the worst of the worst media programs on Windows.

Use Foobar2000.

Also, get a Sansa or Creative over an iPod; superior audio quality and drag and drop support.
I might take a look at those players. I am getting and iPod because they are really popular over here, its not just for the music but for all the apps and things like that.

I just found this thread, if I had seen it earlier I could have answered you right away!

After WMP 10 they stupidly removed the ability to colour the player completely. Ever since the version that shipped with Vista (11) and even the one in Windows 7 (12) you have only been able to colour the top button bar. And your are not allowed to select Black as a colour because I think they are scared people will get depressed or something :scared: (like Sony did with the XMB).

So basically your only option is to install WMP 10 on your Window 7 install, effectively downgrading the player, its not that big of a deal I feel because hardly anything has changed since.

I really like WMP, I always use it for videos (and VLC for all the stuff that doesnt work). I'm hoping they take the Metro UI from the Zune HD, Zune Software and Kin and apply it to WMP, best UI EVER... period.

Robin.

Isnt WMP 11 black though, I really liked 11 so I should be able to downgrade it to 11 right? I will look up how to do that.

Isnt WMP 11 black though, I really liked 11 so I should be able to downgrade it to 11 right? I will look up how to do that.

I think WMP 11 was only black on the non Vista Versions (XP). The Vista verison was that light blue. If you download the WMP 11 for XP version it should work (might need to be run in compatibility mode though).

No harm in giving it a try.

Robin.

I think WMP 11 was only black on the non Vista Versions (XP). The Vista verison was that light blue. If you download the WMP 11 for XP version it should work (might need to be run in compatibility mode though).

No harm in giving it a try.

Robin.
You are correct but I cant be bothered changing it to XP version now. I got the vista version by the look of it and yes it is light blue with a black bar at the top but when the thing goes into task bar mode it is all good so I will keep it, here is a picture:

You can downgrade to WMP11, but it requires using a "patched" version of the WMP11 files as it wasn't designed to run on 7. I tried it once, and although it runs fine there are a couple of annoying graphical glitches with it.

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22459-windows-media-player-11-for-windows-7/

Personally, ditch all media players on your PC full stop and use the iPod to play your music - that's what I've been doing ever since I bought my touch. I only use WMP/VLC to play videos I've pulled from Youtube or wherever and iTunes is only ever used for syncing my iPod.

Back