Apache: Air Assault by Activision

• Thread starter tinram
  • 18 comments
It's pretty cool. The controls take a little bit to get used to especially on realistic mode. But, it is the first game that I know of that shows off the Apache's superior manoeuvrability. One of the only helicopters that can perform barrel rolls and full loops. (Although, both of these are still dangerous with the Apache, as they put a massive strain on the blades and when the bird is inverted, you can't bail out.)

It looks like it would be great fun playing cooperatively with one person flying and the other gunning - have a blast doing this on Bad Company 2 so if they manage to do a decent job I will definately look at getting it.

It's pretty cool. The controls take a little bit to get used to especially on realistic mode. But, it is the first game that I know of that shows off the Apache's superior manoeuvrability. One of the only helicopters that can perform barrel rolls and full loops. (Although, both of these are still dangerous with the Apache, as they put a massive strain on the blades and when the bird is inverted, you can't bail out.)
lol, lots of helicopters these days are capable of rolls and/or loops. The MBB Bo 105, Hughes MD500D, Bell 407, Bell AH-1 Cobra, Westland Lynx, Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion, And Eurocopter Tiger to name a few. Notice some are civilian helos too :P

Anyway I tried the demo on 360 and it is pretty slick. Might have to give the full game a try.

Why does no one play this online? I think I'm the only one that bought it lol. I'm loving it, just wishing there were other players online...

Why does no one play this online? I think I'm the only one that bought it lol. I'm loving it, just wishing there were other players online...

Because I think everyone's waiting for GT5 instead! Lolz.

But seriously, I've tried the demo and i'm itching to get the real game. Possibly the game's release timing isn't that appropriate as there's too many big titles coming out now, eg. Black Ops, Hot Pursuit, GT5. And they belong to more popular genres ie. FPS, racing. Rather than flight games, which are really a dime a dozen. Not only that, its a helicopter sim, which deviates from the norm like HAWX or Ace Combat which are all jet fighters.

Is this game good? I played the demo and from what I saw of it, it seemed a bit limited in gameplay to warrant paying full price for it. I like flight sims but most seem to be WW2 based which doesn't appeal to me.

Schwartz38
This game looks fun. Is it on PSN?

There was a demo on PSN, not sure if it's still there.

You can find the full retail version for a quite low price at this point. Such an amazing gem. It takes some time to get used to the controls in realistic mode (novice controls are too limited), but once you do, there's no going back.

And online coop is such a blast!

If you manage to get the game, hit me up in the PSN.

I can't believe no one else around here plays this game.

Such a good game, could benefit wonders from a second installment, but I guess it never received the praise it deserved. :boggled:

Latest Posts

Back