Apricot Hill Evolution from GT2 to GT6

• Thread starter fifomaniak
  • 24 comments

Which one you like the best?

• Total voters
Nice job doing that, is it just me or that GT3 and GT4 Apricot Hill looks really similar to each other.

EDIT: Is it possible to do Autumn Ring Evolution? From GT1 to GT6 (since GT3 didn't have one, GT Concept will take it's place instead).

like:

GT1 - GT2
GTC - GT4
GT5 - GT6

There're difference in every game of it including GT5 to GT6.

Cherry Top Hill Raceway sounds like it would be an interesting track design. Really. I had to put that out there. Someone create this track in the future somehow, someway, somewhere.

Of course GT6 have the graphical lead, overall looks best but GT3 version had more varied scenery (a bit more rocks in the trackside).

Apricot Hill is not in Gran Turismo concept.
apricot hill is in GT3 but not in GT concept...

IF you're talking about Autumn ring then....

upload_2015-3-10_19-2-28.png

upload_2015-3-10_19-6-51.png

upload_2015-3-10_19-8-59.png
upload_2015-3-10_19-10-15.png

Last edited:
Only four tracks have appeared in all six sequels of Gran Turismo
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedway
SS Route 5

I would love to see this kind of comparison especially for Deep Forest and Trial Mountain

Only four tracks have appeared in all six sequels of Gran Turismo
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedway
SS Route 5

I would love to see this kind of comparison especially for Deep Forest and Trial Mountain
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedway
Are PS2 port so you wont see big graphical update from gt4 to gt5,6...

I just would like the back if the track with brighter lights or walls, seems like they ran out of either..

for me the GT3 version is the last and only one with the GT2 vibe, or maybe it's just be because there are tracks in GT3 that look just like PS2 ports of the GT2 courses, but who knows, overall I take the GT3 one, if I could choose two I would have choosed the original GT2 version too.

I despise the fact that everybody underrates rainy Autumn ring.
Such a great track for many reasons, and I would have thought a lot of people would find rain at Autumn Ring would add a more unique (more so than another original track like Eiger) element to the kind of finesse that's already needed for it. Sure, you can charge through a lot of the corners, but with a car that requires full attention or else oversteer throughout most of the corners, I think it makes for a great experience. It's one of the more fun/ funner tracks, imo, to drive on in GT. It's just enjoyable in the way Midfield feels; Autumn Ring flows nicely for such a tight track even with the "severe" elevation changes in particular sections.

In this track I always found myself either oversteering or understeering. It's fun! You don't need to master it to be happy
👍

It's a track where you can improve/ hone your skills at. I learned the fundamentals of drifting at Kart Space, so now that we can't use it anymore with cars, Autumn Ring (and Tsukuba, but less so) is my go to track for honing my skills on a short enough track with many types of corners and sections. As opposed to Spa where it's for high speed racing, yet with various types of corners. Very different, obviously, but I think it's a decent analogy.

Apricot Hill, it has way too many undulations to enjoy it, personally, as much as the tracks I mentioned.

👍

It's a track where you can improve/ hone your skills at. I learned the fundamentals of drifting at Kart Space, so now that we can't use it anymore with cars, Autumn Ring (and Tsukuba, but less so) is my go to track for honing my skills on a short enough track with many types of corners and sections. As opposed to Spa where it's for high speed racing, yet with various types of corners. Very different, obviously, but I think it's a decent analogy.

Apricot Hill, it has way too many undulations to enjoy it, personally, as much as the tracks I mentioned.

I wonder how will they improve this track eaven more? Imagine a wind carrying all those leaves around the track at 1st Sunday cup race! And heavy rain, night or even snow! I would like another route added. However my biggest request is SSR 11 with both GT3 and GT1 variations and snow, rain and even day/night cycle. It would be great if there is an ultimate SSR route with all tracks

I wonder how will they improve this track eaven more? Imagine a wind carrying all those leaves around the track at 1st Sunday cup race! And heavy rain, night or even snow! I would like another route added. However my biggest request is SSR 11 with both GT3 and GT1 variations and snow, rain and even day/night cycle. It would be great if there is an ultimate SSR route with all tracks
SSR11, AHHHH... :D me too. Extra routes is an idea many people have expressed on here. I would love to have Special Stage Route 11 with multiple layouts/ variations; so with as much or even more layouts than let's say, the Twin Ring Motegi and Cape Ring locations. An extended SSR11... I'm not sure I can see it happening in a good way (it's pretty long as is), but I would like the option. Yeah, since it's as long as it is, why not extend it whilst having the original among shorter variations and a different route.

LOOONG post...

Did you hear the statement made by a Sony rep. that they saw Nurburgring with snow effects? I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with most things "as small" as that in recent years (on GTP). We should without a doubt see all of Norschleife with rain and snow effects. What's interesting is that Spa came with a full day cycle and rain, whereas Autumn Ring, an original track that's been in GT since the beginning, only has limited time change and finally rain. I wonder if PD will be able to keep everything at the same par. Eiger with snow effects for example; absolute shame that the reverse layout doesn't have weather change. It's all so strange, but I think the PS4 will help move things along more than we expect.

But like I said, it's all strange. No weather effects on the reverse layout of Eiger Nordwand? They took away the ability to let players use cars at Kart Space after the disapproval shown from fans after the first couple of weeks of Kart Space releasing as DLC in GT5. PD declared two or three days later that the next update, which came about a month later for Christmas time!!, would allow Kart Space to use cars. Come to think of it though, people started using it to "race" and show how stupid people can be by using that Jay Leno Tank Car. Clearly, they can allow and disallow how PD or Kaz Yamauchi want their game to be played / used. That is the only reason why I think they won't allow people to use ANY cars on Kart Space, yet the new GT Arena kart track allows for that capability (likely since the surface of the track is twice as large as Kart Space's). Ban some cars? They should let that happen.

With GT5, we could take Standard cars to Photo Travel locations, yet with GT6, we CAN do that, in addition to having two personal cars in the photo, Premium-quality or not.

I would LOOOOVVVE SSR11 back in the GT series. Not only is it a long track, but the sections consist of some awesome driving potential (personally, I would rather hotlap that track like I do with 70-ish% of GT's original and real world tracks. SSR11 was just so complex in a way which made ME frustrated, but I understood how great it is to have a city, night track like that. A full day cycle for it seems unlikely to me, but a return with rain AND SNOW sounds probable.

Still, it's a little bit like wishful thinking, I hope you see what I mean about the inconsistencies (even the REVERSE layout of Eiger with weather plus time change). They don't lead me to believe we can see more NASCAR tracks, no real world drift tracks, and we really don't know what's coming for GT7.

If Nurburgring / Nordschleife doesn't have snow effects with the launch of GT7, I would really reconsider buying it right after it releases or pre-ordering it like I did with GT5 and GT6. I got GT4 a week after it came out (I don't know how long my brother waited to get GT3, but he doesn't even play GT anymore, the CHUMP! lol). I really hope Kaz and PD find ways to solve the simply and minor problems with GT, and I still don't think we'll be surprised by new original circuits or even point-to-point layouts, or sprint races. Seattle, Grand Canyon, El Capitan. In reverse order, these are the tracks we believed to release in GT6 and Seattle very likely to be released at the start of GT6. It wasn't farfetched to think it was going to happen. It comes off as being a ploy to reinvigorate all GT players who miss those tracks, but Seattle specifically, since it was shown in HD form.

Last edited:
Back