Apricot hill turns 1-2

• Thread starter db94lyfe
  • 25 comments
hey guys im running a opera performance 350z with 480hp and n2's
as much as i try i cant link turns 1 nd 2 on apricot hill

i can get the first turn perfect, apex and everything, but then i need to slow down for turn 2-if i hit the brakes my car understeers and straitens out... can anyone out ther help me?:yuck:

Well, one thing you could do is buy that brake controller and play with that so your car gets more oversteer under braking.

As Mustang said play with the BBC(Brake Controller), try and set the rear a little higher than the front. If that doesn't work then try using the e-brake to slow you down a bit.

ok i got it to slid the rear out, but i need it to slow the car down as its in the drift... and now when i let off the brake i have snapback.

Maybe you're counter steering too much.

Are you able to maintain angle and drift while you're braking?

no the car trys to understeer and straiten out

I believe that can be changed a bit by adding a little ballast to the rear, and maybe use slicker tires all around, or at least at the back.

Or during your drift try to keep your angle bigger, it may change that.

Enter the first turn with a larger angle so that when you get on the brakes you return to a reasonable drift angle?

what do you mean keep ur angle biger

The angle is the angle your car is at as opposed to where it would be when "grip" racing.

Say you are going thru a turn like this: |
theres no angle to that.

Say you go through like this: /
theres some angle to slide thru the turn

Say you go through like this: --
Your crazy and if you can keep it going, great.

Im not good enough in english to explain exactly what im doing, so i shoot you a video of me doing it, i hope this gonna help you

You could set your brake balance a bit more towards the front. That way, when you brake while sideways, the brakes will tug the front of the car backwards, making the rear swing forwards, causing more drift angle. Of course, you can't just brake fully, that'll make you spin. You'll need to balance the car's motion by varying the brake pressure. That's what I do with my stock cars, and it works very well, once mastered.

He's from Canada, so I'd say that the speed is more like KM/H than MPH.. nice driving though. 👍

That is a high speed corner, 100mph entries aren't uncommon at all. I push 240ish+ K's(130ish mph) usually on entry when I initiate. 100K is only 61 mph, entirely too slow to drift that corner for any purpose at all.

You could set your brake balance a bit more towards the front.

I was going to say that.. more brakes on the back, breaks more traction in the back, while the weight in the front is applied and oversteer is being taken advantage of.

but during a drift,brakes in the back mean when you apply it, the back will increase in grip instead, since you already have broken traction. This means that the front won't grip-up as much as the back since the front has less brakepower than the back. i've noticed that from all the crappy styled drifting i do.

I'd say your problem is that you're taking the wrong line. With alot of cars you don't even need brakes. You just wanna clip the bumper on the inside than run wide to the outside bumper than run back to the inside bumper on the second bend. So pretty much try to get the roundest line that will fit through both turns. If you hug the inside around the whole first bend your not gonna make the second.

i have done it once with a R92CP + 1 TCS. it was a great feeling but i was unable to do it again after that..

I also fluked it once with a Subaru Impreza 22b but i'm not able to redo it again...

Did you save the replay of the r92cp by chance? I'd love to see that thing sideways all the way around Apricot Hill 1-2.

As for the 22b I'm sure you can repeat it, just watch where you entered and your speed. I find long dual apex drifts are more about entry point and speed than anything.

If you've got a few minutes check out my new drift vid in my sig. 2nd drift is an Apricot Hill 1-2.

Here's my demonstration.

I went a little far outside on the second turn but it still looked pretty good. I've been working on getting farther inside.

yeah i saved the reapl but after that 1/2 trn, and the S tuirns, i started to screw up after that.. it's too bad because i remember doing he long sweeper in the minolta with roughly the same settings at a good speed

Brake bias controller isn't necessary; you just need to trailbrake after turn-in for T1 and carry the drift to T2. Throttle steer through T2 and adjust the angle as needed.

turn down your LSD under deceleration.

edit: if you are running a 2-way LSD, switch to 1.5. If the problem still persists, go to 1-way.

Back