• Poll closed .
England
Bromley
V16T91
E0nLeader
aprilia_rsv_1000r_01.jpg
V
1457226999_9aaed26284.jpg

These two bikes have 998cc apiece, but the Aprilia has 14 more hp in hand. Still, it's your decision who wins: the lesser of the famous or one of the most famous?

One note, all polls will expire in a week for this contest, including rounds after this.

you got this wrong dude
i voted for monster but just because i like it more
those bikes are not in the same class, RSV is superbike and Monster is naked bike despite its powerful engine and suspension

the poll should be RSV1000 vs Ducati 999 or Aprilia Tuono vs Ducati Monster S4Rs

you got this wrong dude
those bikes are not in the same class, RSV is superbike and Monster is naked bike despite its powerful engine and suspension

the poll should be RSV1000 vs Ducati 999 or Aprilia Tuono vs Ducati Monster S4Rs

Yes, but they have equal engine size and as I mentioned in the draw, most of my match ups are based around cc.

you got this wrong dude

I agree with the above statement - Wrong comparison..

Invisible +Reps !...

you got this wrong dude
those bikes are not in the same class, rsv is superbike and monster is naked bike despite its powerful engine and suspension

the poll should be rsv1000 vs ducati 999 or aprilia tuono vs ducati monster s4rs

+1...

you got this wrong dude

That's missing the point a little. You have to remember that on a forum where few people have sampled many of the bikes/cars/whatever in question, a direct, objective comparison isn't particularly realistic or achievable.

It's more fun, and more interesting, to compare all sorts of random bikes/cars/whatever to other random choices to add a bit of variety and increase discussion on the relative merits of each. You weren't on the forum when the GTP 2008 "Best Car Series" was being run, but some of the matches in the second round weren't exactly "even", yet they were interesting to vote on. For example, a Cadillac CTS versus a cheap Chinese small car. Not particularly fair perhaps, but more interesting.

Also bear in mind that the "best" bikes will get further in the rounds anyway so the "final" should still be the two best bikes. If you put say, all the 1000cc superbikes against each other in the first round, then they'd all knock each other out straight away.

I owned a Mille ('99) - and my wife is on her 2nd Monster.
These bikes are chalk and cheese, but I voted for the Duke for two reasons;
1) I am biased.
2) The S4R is more exclusive, and reflects the personality of the owner more closely.

The Question is which is better?.

Well for me the Better (All Rounder )would have to be the Ducati Monster S4Rs.I say this because I live in a city and i ride a CBR600,Its not as big as the Aprilia RSV1000r,but some times I still have trouble in traffic,I have a mate that owns a Ducati Monster,and when I am lucky enough to get a spin on that bike,I find its not as Hard to deal with in traffic,(It also brings the Hooligan out in me:D).The Aprilia is the type of bike I would want if doing track days and long runs on open roads,and the twisty stuff for sure,Although I would perhaps have more fun on the twisty stuff while on the Monster:).

Back