April's Starts Tomorrow and New York Auto Show-Should we expect something..??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan Gomez
  • 21 comments
  • 1,555 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
99
United States
Brooklyn, New York City
Messages
matanui08
Note to Mods: This is a Prediction Thread

Hello Again Guys, Bryan here, and back to report that since the 1.05 update, There has been Silence from PD, expect from the Senna Content back on line. I been wondering, Maybe Monday's (Today) server's shut-downs could lead to an update tomorrow which kind-of makes sense since beginning of April and could be an epic April Fool's day prank by PD :lol:.

Anyway, Maybe an Update or not but we have the NYC Auto Show this month so it's likely possible something may be announced that week or not. I mean we have a bunch of missing content that been delayed since February and hopefully something happens this week. Your thoughts..???

-Bryan
 
v4T8RUVC.jpg
 
The NYIAS means nothing to whether or not something will be announced for GT6.
 
The NYIAS means nothing to whether or not something will be announced for GT6.
Okay, Okay, but it's just a THEORY
 
wevertigonowtzxiz.gif


Statue = Game-changing update, Wonder-Red = GT6
 
Why is it that everytime there is an auto show, people automatically get their hopes up thinking there might be some big announcement. The auto world does not revolve around GT, regardless of what you might think.
 
How long we give this thread before a flame war?

2? 3 days?
 
Why is it that everytime there is an auto show, people automatically get their hopes up thinking there might be some big announcement. The auto world does not revolve around GT, regardless of what you might think.

I guess it's partly PDs fault because they like to think they're more part of the automative circles rather than gaming circles. They don't go to major game conferences like E3, they rock up at motor shows.
 
Why is it that everytime there is an auto show, people automatically get their hopes up thinking there might be some big announcement. The auto world does not revolve around GT, regardless of what you might think.
It is because PD may be waiting to release a car until it is revealed, which usually happens at auto shows. They have had early access to cars in the past (86 GT, FT-1 for example) and released them at the reveal.
 
"Today, we're updating GT6, releasing Senna's F1 cars, the Track creator, and various updates, including new photomode stages.


JUST KIDDING, APRIL FOOLS, HAVE A GTR AND SOME MORE BUGS."
 
Now, having said what PaMu has, this is one time I'm just going to poke at the News tab for info and not anticipate anything, and if something cool happens, then... cool! :D

I've learned that Kaz's ambitions, much like Nobunaga's, are at odds with the constraints of the PS3 universe he has to work in. And yes, SONY. I'm quite pleasantly surprised at what the team has been able to accomplish in GT6, but such incredible feats as giving us a Course Maker with 20 square miles/kilometers/parsecs/whatever and a whole new way of generating sounds may not be in the cards for Gran Turismo on PS3.

We may never know what exactly is going on in that concrete tower they live in, but we'll have some idea in the coming weeks.
 
I've learned that Kaz's ambitions, much like Nobunaga's, are at odds with the constraints of the PS3 universe he has to work in. And yes, SONY. I'm quite pleasantly surprised at what the team has been able to accomplish in GT6, but such incredible feats as giving us a Course Maker with 20 square miles/kilometers/parsecs/whatever and a whole new way of generating sounds may not be in the cards for Gran Turismo on PS3.

Well then he needs to stop promoting these things, doesn't he? He's has eight years to work with the PS3, if he hasn't figured out what it can and can't do by now he's never going to know.
 
He's has eight years to work with the PS3, if he hasn't figured out what it can and can't do by now he's never going to know.
I disagree with this. You never know for certain what some system will accomplish unless you try. No one suspected that GT6 would have an even higher resolution than GT5. Scaff and I were both convinced that GT6 would likely have to drop to 720p and cull back in other areas to make the game run better than GT5. And yes, the situation isn't ideal, but Kaz made his choice.

Griffith500 thinks that a big sound engine update is coming for GT6. I'm thinking this is more likely for GT7, but the story isn't anywhere near over yet. GT6 is just coming up on its four month anniversary. Let's see what happens the rest of the year. If GT7 Prologue happens, I'm sure you'll have plenty to say. ;)
 
There was just an Auto show in Atlanta and a lot of the majors were there... Yet I saw nothing about GT or the likes of asking multiple reps, even on twitter.. So this hocus pocus stuff really needs to stop.

Unless we have core evidence that we will see GT representing at a show, this **** needs to stop! Because it only frustrates the community and gets ideas out faster than CNN, Fox, or any other 24 hr news station can make up stories about MH370..
 
I disagree with this. You never know for certain what some system will accomplish unless you try. No one suspected that GT6 would have an even higher resolution than GT5. Scaff and I were both convinced that GT6 would likely have to drop to 720p and cull back in other areas to make the game run better than GT5. And yes, the situation isn't ideal, but Kaz made his choice.

..and in doing so they made the performance of the game even worse. So I don't see how that related to Kaz understanding the system better. If he didn't think a course maker with X size was possible, why did he announce it? Why was it a key part of the intital presentation for the game? You're not telling me that all of a sudden, a few months later someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "Eh Kaz, I don't think we can do it actually"? If that did happen, it's very unprofessional. You shouldn't announce or suggest you're going to do something before you're sure it's possible.

Griffith500 thinks that a big sound engine update is coming for GT6. I'm thinking this is more likely for GT7, but the story isn't anywhere near over yet. GT6 is just coming up on its four month anniversary. Let's see what happens the rest of the year. If GT7 Prologue happens, I'm sure you'll have plenty to say. ;)

...and i'm sure you'll keep winking and telling us how much you love it, and everything that Kaz does. Some things never change, huh?
 
"Kaz here, here's your... PFFFFFFFFFFT... livery editor that GTP community wants. HAHAHAHHA I can't contain myself, april fools! But really, we've only updated only one of the 1200 cars in the games sound with our new method of producing realistic sounds.

It's the... *holds in laughter* 1997 Suzuki Alto Works! ENJOY!"
 
There was just an Auto show in Atlanta and a lot of the majors were there... Yet I saw nothing about GT or the likes of asking multiple reps, even on twitter.. So this hocus pocus stuff really needs to stop.

Unless we have core evidence that we will see GT representing at a show, this **** needs to stop! Because it only frustrates the community and gets ideas out faster than CNN, Fox, or any other 24 hr news station can make up stories about MH370..
I've never even heard of the Atlanta Auto show and I'm guessing neither have most people.
Major auto shows make sense, geneva, new york, chicago, tokyo(not really any more) but I agree, auto show=/=cause to OMG GT6 NEWS.
 
I doubt it, although I am going and I'll definitely post anything I see.
 
...and i'm sure you'll keep winking and telling us how much you love it, and everything that Kaz does. Some things never change, huh?
And I'm not interested in you trying to make me out to be some awful human because I like the Standard cars and tracks, and will enjoy Prologue even if you think it's the dumbest idea since cottage cheese on a stick. Some of us have our druthers, and some of us realize that grouching endlessly about things we know nothing about will likely not change any cosmic orbits to suit us. Whatever we get or don't get, will be. I'll be dealing with it, while it seems others here will be having issues.

I still believe that if we get a Prologue this year, especially at the expense of some GT6 content, it's because SONY wanted it. I think it's the height of hilarity for people to mention that EA frooked up Shift against SMS's wishes, but SONY does no such meddling with Polyphony, ever.

By the way, I want the blue straw. :D
 
I've never even heard of the Atlanta Auto show and I'm guessing neither have most people.
Major auto shows make sense, geneva, new york, chicago, tokyo(not really any more) but I agree, auto show=/=cause to OMG GT6 NEWS.
That's my point... Uganda could have their own Auto show but that doesn't mean GT will be there or release info... Unless we have stuff in front of us BEFORE the shows, then it means nothing (unless someone goes and gets on GTP soon after)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back