Arcade 2 player racing

• Thread starter Zowy52
  • 8 comments

Have you ever played 2-player racing in Arcade mode?

• Total voters
Anybody had an luck hooking up two G29 and 2 headsets to one PS-4? I am trying to get this so that I can use the side by side racing in the arcade mode. I have a powered 6 port USB expansion but the controllers seem to need to be plugged directly into the ps4, leaving no place for the headsets to plug in. We have a monthly game night, including card games, pool and darts all in the same room. Would like to add GT sport without being too loud.

I've read people having two wheels connected, but not sure if you could have separate audio per player.
Not sure if you can have multiple bluetooth headsets attached?

I use the optical out audio to feed my butt kicker, and can have bluetooth headphones attached as well as the sound coming out the TV. So you could use the TV headphone jack to feed one and one bluetooth headphone if all else failed

I've read people having two wheels connected, but not sure if you could have separate audio per player.
Not sure if you can have multiple bluetooth headsets attached?

I use the optical out audio to feed my butt kicker, and can have bluetooth headphones attached as well as the sound coming out the TV. So you could use the TV headphone jack to feed one and one bluetooth headphone if all else failed
Thanks JacksHerer, I'll give that a try. I wonder what the audio will sound like if the cars are not close to each other on the track?

Hmm yeh let us know. I've only played casually with wheel against controller on TV sound, I guess it would be a bit weird in headphones and may affect audio cues for grip loss when driving competitively.

I was thinking that the banter of having two guys going at each other on track would be a lot louder than the TV volume:D:nervous:

Last edited:
Yeah, they really messed up the split screen in GT Sport. It's like you're watching a replay with the black "widescreen" bars, but even more cramped for some reason. I get that in GT5 and 6 when you played split-screen the graphics and effects were a lot worse but at least you didn't need to be there inches away from the TV to tell what you were doing.

I've thought about this since...
I have two login accounts on my PS4.
When I played in splitscreen, I logged the wheel on as the main user and started the game,
then I logged the DS4 on with the other account.
Both controls worked in the game as separate players.

I don't see why you couldn't also assign bluetooth headphones to each user, and they both
be used in splitscreen with individual audio feeds...

I've thought about this since...
I have two login accounts on my PS4.
When I played in splitscreen, I logged the wheel on as the main user and started the game,
then I logged the DS4 on with the other account.
Both controls worked in the game as separate players.

I don't see why you couldn't also assign bluetooth headphones to each user, and they both
be used in splitscreen with individual audio feeds...

There are only 2 usb ports on the PS4. I added an expansion port but it just seems that the PS4 ( maybe its GT sport that is the limiter) only wants to recognize 2 controllers. None of the controllers are recognized when plugged into the expansion port. The headphones work through the expansion port, but not the controllers. In arcade spilt screen, both controllers will work just fine, TV audio works, but no dual headphone. Doesn't seem to be any provision for splitting the audio.

ahh that's a shame, it would have been really good if the audio split. Hopefully your mates can bring their own bluetooth headphones, I've seen there are bluetooth wireless in earphones available now as well, if you have a need/excuse for buying some.

Yeh I've noticed my wheel needs to be plugged directly into the ps4, luckily the ps4 pro has 3 usb ports, if you need an excuse to upgrade.

Back