Arcade and Custom Race bug?

• Thread starter Manuelito
  • 3 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi guys,
noticed a issue / bug after the last GT7 update (v. 1.16).
I usually play Arcade or Custom Race driving natural born low pp car upgraded to reach 400-450 pp or similar, it's funny for me start with an Abarth 595SS at low pp and pump it to 400pp :)

Before update, if i start an Arcade or Custom Race (Hard difficulty and casual rivals), i race against cars with my similar tuned pp (Driving Abarth 595SS 400pp my rivals were Alfa Mito, Megane, Golf GTI etc.). Lot funny and hard-fought races.

After update, same race settings, my rivals are cars similar to my original pp car. Driving the same Abarth 400pp i play against "turtles" originals Abarth, 500 F, WW Beetle 1200. After first lap i'm 1st and 10 secs advantage. It's a lot frustating and no more funny.

I've tried with my other tuned cars, same issue.

Do you have noticed that bug?
Any suggestion to have again Arcade or Custom races more bilanced?

Thank in advance,
Manuelito.

I believe they were trying to eliminate the jackrabbits from these races. They really did make the race quite unfair at times.

For instance, I raced around Spa in a Genesis G70 3.3T a while back for a custom race. Some of my opponents were around my performance level, but many others were questionable. I faced F8 Tributos, RX-Visions, and Corvette ZR1s that flew miles ahead of me. It made no sense to me as to why they were selected.

In another custom race, this time at Le Mans with a D-Type Jag, I was facing safety cars and even VGTs. I did get some worthy opponents like the Aston Martin DB3S, but much of the field were, on paper, vastly superior to my ancient 1950s racer.

I believe they were trying to eliminate the jackrabbits from these races. They really did make the race quite unfair at times.

For instance, I raced around Spa in a Genesis G70 3.3T a while back for a custom race. Some of my opponents were around my performance level, but many others were questionable. I faced F8 Tributos, RX-Visions, and Corvette ZR1s that flew miles ahead of me. It made no sense to me as to why they were selected.

In another custom race, this time at Le Mans with a D-Type Jag, I was facing safety cars and even VGTs. I did get some worthy opponents like the Aston Martin DB3S, but much of the field were, on paper, vastly superior to my ancient 1950s racer.
This is very strange, practically the opposite situation to mine!
I've just play a custom race driving my Subaru Impreza 22STi tuned at 600pp and my rivals were very slow, too much easy and unbalanced (Hard difficulty)

Last edited:
Hi guys,
noticed a issue / bug after the last GT7 update (v. 1.16).
I usually play Arcade or Custom Race driving natural born low pp car upgraded to reach 400-450 pp or similar, it's funny for me start with an Abarth 595SS at low pp and pump it to 400pp :)

Before update, if i start an Arcade or Custom Race (Hard difficulty and casual rivals), i race against cars with my similar tuned pp (Driving Abarth 595SS 400pp my rivals were Alfa Mito, Megane, Golf GTI etc.). Lot funny and hard-fought races.

After update, same race settings, my rivals are cars similar to my original pp car. Driving the same Abarth 400pp i play against "turtles" originals Abarth, 500 F, WW Beetle 1200. After first lap i'm 1st and 10 secs advantage. It's a lot frustating and no more funny.

I've tried with my other tuned cars, same issue.

Do you have noticed that bug?
Any suggestion to have again Arcade or Custom races more bilanced?

Thank in advance,
Manuelito.
I noticed that GR 1 and GR 2 cars on Hard difficulty in custom races are not pushing fast times, maybe more like bronze.

Back