Arcade Fire. Im so glad they won Best Album!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheToad263
  • 15 comments
  • 1,209 views

TheToad263

(Banned)
Messages
204
Messages
TheToad263
Thank god there is still some sanity in the music world.... Instead of giving Eminem or whoever else was up for the award the Grammy.... The correct band got it... and that is Arcade Fire. This has been a pretty good last 12 hours for my music tastes.... seeing as how Radiohead announced they will be releasing their new album this weekend as well!!! My two favorite bands of all time both making big news!
 
I didn't know they still did the Grammys.
 
Another Arcade Fire fan! I'm so glad they won Album of the Year! I knew they deserved it most, but I honestly didn't think they would get it, seeing as how most of these award shows now-a-days are nothing but popularity contests.

Where are the Grammy's for Funeral and Neon Bible?
 
equally stunning was that Esperanza Spalding won best new artist.....my head about exploded when I heard she beat out Bieber! a VERY talented jazz musicin/bass player won "best new artist".....srsly, holy crap...
 
Another Arcade Fire fan! I'm so glad they won Album of the Year! I knew they deserved it most, but I honestly didn't think they would get it, seeing as how most of these award shows now-a-days are nothing but popularity contests.

Where are the Grammy's for Funeral and Neon Bible?

Your right about Funeral and Neon Bible deserving awards too... I think Neon Bible may have been up against In Rainbows however and in that case I would have to agree with the In Rainbows victory. Neon Bible is a great album but in my opinion it is their weakest... and In Rainbows is actually a pretty solid Radiohead album...

Glad to see another Arcade Fire fan tho... I just hope this Grammy doesn't go to their heads. They seems like a pretty humble bunch of peeps.
 
So much fanboyism. Eminem's album was awesome. :sly: From what I heard of the Arcade Fire album it didn't really blow my mind. Eminem put down some of the best rap verses of all time in Recovery. I'm surprised AF won.
 
Last edited:
equally stunning was that Esperanza Spalding won best new artist.....my head about exploded when I heard she beat out Bieber! a VERY talented jazz musicin/bass player won "best new artist".....srsly, holy crap...

Now this is something awesome indeed.
 
Your right about Funeral and Neon Bible deserving awards too... I think Neon Bible may have been up against In Rainbows however and in that case I would have to agree with the In Rainbows victory. Neon Bible is a great album but in my opinion it is their weakest... and In Rainbows is actually a pretty solid Radiohead album...

Glad to see another Arcade Fire fan tho... I just hope this Grammy doesn't go to their heads. They seems like a pretty humble bunch of peeps.

Yeah, that's alot of people's stance with Neon Bible. It may be their weakest album, but it's still absolutely terrific. It's like saying the 458 is Ferrari's weakest car.

I did notice that The Suburbs is back in the top 10 for album sales on iTunes. No doubt the same trend in other outlets. Hopefully with this increase in revenue, they'll schedule some more shows in the US. They had what, like 5 shows here in the States during this tour? And none of them where anywhere near Texas.
So much fanboyism. Eminem's album was awesome. :sly: From what I heard of the Arcade Fire album it didn't really blow my mind. Eminem put down some of the best rap verses of all time in Recovery. I'm surprised AF won.

Hey, I think they're all lucky that the new Chili Peppers album didn't drop this year. It would have decimated all the categories at the Grammy's! :p

But really, give the whole album a listen. You will not be disappointed.👍
 
So much fanboyism. Eminem's album was awesome. :sly: From what I heard of the Arcade Fire album it didn't really blow my mind. Eminem put down some of the best rap verses of all time in Recovery. I'm surprised AF won.

I'm sorry buy just because Arcade Fire is an Indie band means that they are more prone to fanboyism? GIVE ME A BREAK! EMINEM HAS waaay more lame ass white boys who wanna act black fanboys than Arcade Fire will ever have. I actually respect Eminem for the music he makes. For being a white guy in a black dominated market he sure as hell cleans up... but give me a break. Arcade Fire has more actual musical talent that Eminem and the rest of the rap world has combined.... Rap isnt music its simply poetry with a drum beat...
 
I'm sorry buy just because Arcade Fire is an Indie band means that they are more prone to fanboyism? GIVE ME A BREAK! EMINEM HAS waaay more lame ass white boys who wanna act black fanboys than Arcade Fire will ever have. I actually respect Eminem for the music he makes. For being a white guy in a black dominated market he sure as hell cleans up... but give me a break. Arcade Fire has more actual musical talent that Eminem and the rest of the rap world has combined.... Rap isnt music its simply poetry with a drum beat...

I really wouldn't go that far. Contrary to popular belief, rap is music. And I've heard Recovery. It is fantastic.
 
Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

...But that's what all music is.

No, there's fantastic music without any "poetry" too.
And fantastic music without drums....
 
No, there's fantastic music without any "poetry" too.
And fantastic music without drums....

I probably should have been more clear, but for the most part music is just poetry with a back beat. Even if there is no vocals it can still be telling a story.
 
Thank god there is still some sanity in the music world.... Instead of giving Eminem or whoever else was up for the award the Grammy.... The correct band got it... and that is Arcade Fire. This has been a pretty good last 12 hours for my music tastes.... seeing as how Radiohead announced they will be releasing their new album this weekend as well!!! My two favorite bands of all time both making big news!

Great news about Arcade Fire winning the Grammy. And I had no idea about Radiohead's new album (I only began listening to their albums more recently... and I'm REALLY digging Kid A, Amnesiac, and OK Computer).

I'd be honest though. The Suburbs really didn't grab me like like the previous two Arcade fire albums. And I'm really surprised Funeral didn't win a Grammy back in the day. That has to be one of my all-time favourite albums. 👍
 
They won a few BRITs yesterday too. :)
 
Back