Arcade Mode Car Availability

  • Thread starter Thread starter Touring Mars
  • 14 comments
  • 1,104 views

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Staff Emeritus
Messages
31,357
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
GTP_Mars
Hope this isn't stark-staringly obvious, and couldn't find the answer by searching, but how (and when) do more cars become available in Arcade Mode? I've seen Roger's excellent list detailing when new tracks become available, but nothing on when new cars become available... Is it like GT4:Prologue when the cars only appear in Arcade Mode after you complete a licence test that involved using that car, or do more cars just spontaneously appear as the days go by?

Cheers,

TM
 
When you buy and win new cars in GT-Mode, the same cars (stock) will be unlocked in arcade mode.

I'm not sure what happens when you sell the cars though, if the cars are re-locked or remain available. Could anyone answer that, please?
 
Freddie
I'm not sure what happens when you sell the cars though, if the cars are re-locked or remain available. Could anyone answer that, please?

Any cars you sell in GT Mode will remain available in Arcade.
 
Touring Mars
Hope this isn't stark-staringly obvious, and couldn't find the answer by searching, but how (and when) do more cars become available in Arcade Mode? I've seen Roger's excellent list detailing when new tracks become available, but nothing on when new cars become available... Is it like GT4:Prologue when the cars only appear in Arcade Mode after you complete a licence test that involved using that car, or do more cars just spontaneously appear as the days go by?

Cheers,

TM

ehm, where can i find that track unlock list?
 
just go to the top of the GT4 page and click on the Look before u ask thread. I believe it's in there. (not trying to sound like one of the other guys around here, I actually telling u where I think it is. ;) ).
 
sry to double post but I just wanted to let those guys know that it is in that thread under Miscelanious (SP??)
 
Touring Mars I'm so happy you asked this. You know what pisses me off. The idea that we can't use any of our settings, parts, tires or other modifications in the arcade mode? i hope i'm wrong?

One of the sublime features of the GT series has always been once you tire of the structured races in GT mode, why you could always just jump into arcade and literally make your own race.

This game does it even sweeter - you can set the laps, fine-tune the difficulty, yes/no to tire wear, etc.

It would be a :( crying :( shame if PD went and disabled my ability to use old favorites in modded form (engine upgrades and so on) in the arcade mode. Damnit. :grumpy:

Hope I'm wrong - anyone?
 
GuyNamedJohn
Hope I'm wrong - anyone?
You can load your garage, just click 1 or 2 whichever mem card slot you want to load, at the top of the car select screen.
 
No, no. I mean cars from my GT4 garage. Can you use them in Arcade Mode with any of the modifications you've bought.
 
From what I read, you can load your saved garage (from the simulation mode) for 2-player battles , but not for 1-player arcade mode for some reason. Correct me if i'm wrong.
 
jessekatianda
From what I read, you can load your saved garage (from the simulation mode) for 2-player battles , but not for 1-player arcade mode for some reason. Correct me if i'm wrong.
you are right.

unfortunately.
 
Dude that bites hard.

i swear,, the more Kazunori-san giveth to us, the more he just taketh away. Jesus. 👎
 
You can drive your own modded cars on any unlocked tracks right from GT Mode. Get your car, go to a track, choose to Practice (Free Run), Track Meet (Free Run with other cars), PhotoDrive, or Family Cup (race). It's pretty much the same thing, they just moved it into GT Mode and charged you a couple credits a pop... I did a lot of Free Run in GT3, but I really like the Track Meet idea. The cars are usually a pretty good match.
 
Back