Arcade Mode: Competitive Combinations

  • Thread starter Thread starter goixoye
  • 5 comments
  • 646 views
Messages
521
I've been participating in the Historic Trans-Am Series in OLR . I'm using the Shelby Mustang with Dificulty = 4, HP = 275 (-10%), S2 tires, TCS/ASMs=0. A-spec points are usually 124-127 depending on the exact cars selected by the computer. I'm also using the penalty setting to keep myself honest. This has resulted in very good AI competition....the best I've found relative to my driving skill level.

I'm going to try other cars with this same criteria to see if it produces competitive races.

My question is has anybody found other ARCADE combinations that result in a competitive race? I am a mediocre driver (WRS D3) so I guess it would be relative to that skill level.
 
goixoye
I've been participating in the Historic Trans-Am Series in OLR . I'm using the Shelby Mustang with Dificulty = 4, HP = 275 (-10%), S2 tires, TCS/ASMs=0. A-spec points are usually 124-127 depending on the exact cars selected by the computer. I'm also using the penalty setting to keep myself honest. This has resulted in very good AI competition....the best I've found relative to my driving skill level.

I'm going to try other cars with this same criteria to see if it produces competitive races.

My question is has anybody found other ARCADE combinations that result in a competitive race? I am a mediocre driver (WRS D3) so I guess it would be relative to that skill level.
what are usually the cars the AI have?
 
The best cars are the RUF 3400S and the Corvette Grand Sport. I sometimes get the Impreza STI, Mustang SVT, Supra RZ & Superbird but they are not as competitive.
 
I use the penalty system also, set the dificulty to no less than 7 and have at it.. i always pick sport soft tires so that the computer cars have them as well....
then if i think it looks to easy I can switch to mediums... and lower or raise my hp/weight accordingly to try to keep it a level field...

I like the Amuse S-2000R1 the field usually consists of rally/tuner cars that put up a nice lilfight over a 5-7 lap race..... I mean a 250 hp s-2000 against a 450+hp skyline is fun....
 
Use the Corvette Z06 03' at the Nurb on level 8 difficulty with sport softs, TCS only and a manual tranny. Best competition was the Viper concept race car which I beat in about three tries with some help from gravel traps.
 
goixoye
The best cars are the RUF 3400S and the Corvette Grand Sport. I sometimes get the Impreza STI, Mustang SVT, Supra RZ & Superbird but they are not as competitive.
a will give this a try some time, doesn't look imposible!
 
Back