Arcade mode freezing

• Thread starter LM24Z
  • 6 comments
xICExMANx
I've been having problems with the track Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (changing time and weather) in arcade mode. I've set up several races that are about 20 laps in length and can only get between 1 and 8 laps before the game freezes. When it freezes, I can still hear the car's engine but the screen locks up. I've tried turning the weather and time change off, disabling my internet connection, clearing my cache, cleaning my disk, and uninstalling/reinstalling HDD data. Nothing seems to work. Im still testing different weather or time change settings to see if that makes a difference. I've also tried the race with different LMP cars and it still freezes. Anybody else experience the same issue or have solutions? Other than this one glitch GT5 runs perfectly on my console. So far I have yet to run a full race since it freezes everytime.

It only happens in-race and I've had it happen no matter if I am signed in or not. I even disabled my internet connection completely and it still froze. I hope this gets patched. It's been awhile since I played arcade mode, but I know the game didn't freeze like this when it first came out. I think it has to do with some glitch in one of the recent software updates. So I think I am pretty much screwed if I want to run a race at la sarthe with time and weather change. The game hasn't froze on any of the other la sarthe configurations without time or weather changes.

Yeah I've had the same freezing issues in the past, with the engine sound running at a constant pitch. The error was reproducible for me (even after rebooting) when following a ghost car around the Nurb GP course offline - would freeze just after the chicane at the end. If I changed the ghost car, or changed the car I was following with, the freeze wouldn't occur.

I've also had this exact freeze happen online on the GP section of the 24hr Nurb course, though on a different corner. Same constant engine drone, however I could still communicate with others in the room via the headset. All controller buttons were unresponsive. My car even remained on track the whole race and just slowly made its way toward the wall, as if I just decided to stop playing.

Both the PS3 and game disc are only a few months old ..

been having a hard time keeping a consistant connection tonight myself. ans im hard wired. psn is unstable sometimes.

Back