Arcade Races (AI Selection-What Went Wrong?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 3 comments
  • 1,107 views
Messages
514
Anyone else notice how unbalanced the AI vehicle selection is in Arcade Mode? For Pete's sake.., there are over 1000 vehicles in this title! Surely PD can do a better job at "balancing" AI in races.

Example: I did an Intermediate Race yesterday (it's a great race as you start in 16th place too). Anywho.., I used the Ford Focus (Premium). I had VERY few upgrades on this vehicle. Minor tire upgrade, ect.

I get into the race..., on the first turn I notice something is off as I'm fighting for my grid spot with a Zonda, Lambo, and an Audi R8... WTF! Naturally I get smoked on the straights.., but I was out-braking and out cornering these high end vehicles with a Ford Focus.... (seriously PD.?.?)
 
Try the same race with default tires. Could bring the selection down a notch.
 
Try the same race with default tires. Could bring the selection down a notch.

I just tried a race using a RM'd Cappuccino. Mod'd this vehicle is on Softs. I dropped down to Mediums and was still racing against (the same) AI cars that easily out power this vehicle.

The Cappuccino Mod'd is only pushing like 72 HP and only 82 ft lb's of torque. The AI selection (ON EASY/BEGINNER) put this little Cappuccino up against a DeLorean, Celica TRD Sports, Spoon CR-7, and a Bluebird Rally Car.

I even went into the tuning and set the max speed on this little Cappuccino to 155 mph..., which is CRAZY for a car this small and as light as this vehicle is (especially the RM'd version).

What a f'd up and flawed AI system..... Every race I go into for Arcade Races.., regardless of what car I choose.., the AI cars chosen are completely wrong for the race. A Ford Focus fighting a freakin Zonda for a position is just stupid...
 
The Cappuchino's opponents sound entirely normal and reasonable for its power/weight ratio. Put the Focus on Comfort tyres, as it should be, and you won't get such ridiculous opponents.
 
Back