Arcade-y AI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sivakis
  • 3 comments
  • 658 views
Messages
29
Not sure if I'm the only one who notices this. Currently racing in International A and the AI challenge had picked up a fair bit.

But the AI.... If I'm running 4th or 5th and the leaders are a long way off, I can almost always guarantee that I'll catch up with one or two laps to go. But once I overtake, the AI will either:
1. Try to pitbull me; or
2. Able to accelerate in braking zones; or
3. My car will suddenly develop oversteer into corners and send me spinning when I know it shouldn't.

Anyone else frustrated by this?
 
number 3 has me worried, are you sure your not just getting agitated with the AI behind you?

this kind of AI was present in GT1, 2 and 3... didn't think they would bring it back, such a primitive way to make it a challenge
 
number 3 has me worried, are you sure your not just getting agitated with the AI behind you?

this kind of AI was present in GT1, 2 and 3... didn't think they would bring it back, such a primitive way to make it a challenge

Pretty sure I was doing the corner fine when it happened.

Oh and trying to overtake into a corner on the racing line and good chance the AI will try to bump you of the track. .... While they are built like rocks and won't ever go offtrack

Don't get me wrong. With my poor skills, International A is proving fun but these things are frustrating.
 
Yep, still the same old rubberband AI. We also now have blurry graphics, dodgy framerate and screen tearing. On a plus point a huge array of tracks and cars.....But, I put in FM3 last night and was astonished at how poor GT6 looks in comparison to an old old game. That said I dare say with a patch or two that the game will improve, but the rubber banding is here to stay until GT7, where we will get 'The real Racing Simulator' rather than 'The real Driving Simulator'....Onwards and upwards :)
 
Back