Arching rectangular decals

• Thread starter dylpro
  • 10 comments
United States
Illinois
dylpro98
Is there a way to arch rectangular decals in a way that would flow with the wheel arches? I thought there was a way to do this in the tilt/rotate options that would basically just move the decal up from the middle I can’t seem to find any way to make this work.

Specifically, I’m working on the Gulf GT40 and for example, the “SEV MARCHAL” decal above the rear wheels is what I’m trying to replicate. It just looks like crap without the proper arching look to it.

You could try the Align with Camera option and get the camera in a position where the decal could arch over the wheels. It takes a lot of guessing work to place them properly though and if the car body isn't smooth enough, the decal can look really messed up.

You could try the Align with Camera option and get the camera in a position where the decal could arch over the wheels. It takes a lot of guessing work to place them properly though and if the car body isn't smooth enough, the decal can look really messed up.

Tried doing that but still came out looking the same. I wish we could use the cursor like a drag point to only skew (skewe? eschew?) from a certain point.

I’m awful at using the decal uploader, or more specifically have no comprehension of .svg files. I’ve tried using some free online programs but I imagine the paid ones are better. Just can’t justify spending the money on it for the few times I’d ever use it.

I love the livery editor, but I hope some more time is spent on improving it some point in the future.

Thanks for the help!

Tried doing that but still came out looking the same. I wish we could use the cursor like a drag point to only skew (skewe? eschew?) from a certain point.

I’m awful at using the decal uploader, or more specifically have no comprehension of .svg files. I’ve tried using some free online programs but I imagine the paid ones are better. Just can’t justify spending the money on it for the few times I’d ever use it.

I love the livery editor, but I hope some more time is spent on improving it some point in the future.

Thanks for the help!

If I knew how to use Inkscape a little better I'd do it for you as I know somewhere on it there is a way to do things like what you want, Maybe if you have the plain svg or even just a good quality photo you could ask in the svg/livery request thread they are always good at providing requests :)

Thanks for the help!

Inkscape is free, doesn't make it easy, but if your prepared to invest some time at least, if not money, then you might get some value out of it.

If you post a link to a shared version of the decal in game incontinence mind seeing if I can arch it for you.

@dylpro

Is this what you need?

upload_2018-4-8_17-24-20.png

Exactly what I’m looking for! Would you happen to have the tag for that one because I still haven’t been able to find one like that, they’re all just rectangular.

I’ll have to give Inkscape a go and take a deeper dive into it.

I'll let you upload it...

If you have an SVG to work with, bending is a function built in to Inkscape. Worth investigating.

Attachments

• sev.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 9
I'll let you upload it...

If you have an SVG to work with, bending is a function built in to Inkscape. Worth investigating.

Okay thank you so much! This’ll look so much better now. I’ll be sure to upload the finished product once I get home!

Back