Arduino analog handbrake for PC - Need help

• Thread starter S30Zenzow
  • 4 comments
Brazil
Porto Alegre
GTP_S30Zenzow
Hello guys, I have a project in mind: I want to make an analog Handbrake for PC using an Arduino Uno board, a potentiometer and a handbrake I got from a scrapyard. I will make a thread later showing the building and all, but I have a problem: I have instructions on how to make a potentiometer change the intensity of an LED, but I don't know how to make it work as an axis on the PC, so that I can set it as a handbrake in game. Could anyone with experience on Arduinos or programming in general help me? I have no experience in programming and any help would be more than appreciated. Thank you

There is a program called PPJoy that will allow this to work.
You will need to setup the Arduino code.
Just initialize an input pin.
Set a varibale for sensor value.
Then just use the analogRead(the pin) to get that value.
Put that to your variable for sensor value.

What game is this? How can you use the Handbrake. You might not even need the potentiometer but instead a simple button. This will read to the arduino 1 or 0. On or Off. Then use PPJoy to make this a command. I tried to use PPJoy once but i am using a windows7 64 bit and there was just too much confusion trying to install and get it running

There is a program called PPJoy that will allow this to work.
You will need to setup the Arduino code.
Just initialize an input pin.
Set a varibale for sensor value.
Then just use the analogRead(the pin) to get that value.
Put that to your variable for sensor value.

What game is this? How can you use the Handbrake. You might not even need the potentiometer but instead a simple button. This will read to the arduino 1 or 0. On or Off. Then use PPJoy to make this a command. I tried to use PPJoy once but i am using a windows7 64 bit and there was just too much confusion trying to install and get it running

Thanks for the tip. I will use it mainly for Live For Speed, which allows analogue handbrake.

You could also program the Arduino to become a USB HID, meaning your PC would recognise it and run it with generic HID drivers (like any other cheap gamepad) without the need for PPJoy, you may find that would reduce the latency too but I somehow doubt latency will be an issue anyway.

Anyway, just some quick Googling turned this up, I think if you can get this running on your Arduino you should be set.

Back