Are all the GT5 tunes JUNK in GT6?

I had a whole notebook of tunes GT5 cars that worked really well. With the new suspension-body roll-tire dynamics in GT6, I am wondering if all those tunes will be worthless now. I enjoy tuning and will not mind sorting my favorite cars out again but it would be nice if the GT5 tunes were a starting point at least.

A forum friend checked out my GT5 MR2 tune for me. He said the back end was so loose it made the car difficult to drive in GT6. The car is rock solid in GT5. I guess I will be doing a lot of tweaking. Game finally arrived today.

A forum friend checked out my GT5 MR2 tune for me. He said the back end was so loose it made the car difficult to drive in GT6. The car is rock solid in GT5. I guess I will be doing a lot of tweaking. Game finally arrived today.
I tryed a few tunes from GT5 and it just was not right for GT6,will have to wait for tuners to test and tune cars in GT6,game still early.I'm thinking that the GT6 tunes should be more in deph in helping the car be more stable on the track.

I'm finding that cars are significantly more tail-happy in GT6, but mostly during transitions due to the improved weight-transfer physics. Increasing the LSD's Initial Torque should fix this.

Cheers

Every GT 5 Tune I've tried works pretty well, but I only use Tunes from the best tuners. I'm currently using Praiano63's Ferrari Italia no-wing Tune and it's awesome.

Last edited:
A "correct" tune from GT5 works 95-98% in GT6. (GT5 being 100%)

The problem is if you don't tune yourself, you don't have a real basis
to build off of. IE if you don't know how to correct an issue how do you know what the real issue is or what is correct? With that in mind the tune that you thought was good might not be in the first place.
There is no real rating of a tuner or tunes.
Yes there are some Tune Contest. There are some "Popularity" list. Also most don't list when the tune was made. (Version)

At the end GT5's physics were pretty correct.
We might not have everything but the general principals of it's engine and tuning inputs were correct. So if you tuned a "balanced" car in GT5 said tune will carry over.

First thing I noticed with GT6 is tires.
Sidewall chatter is now in effect. Which is great. Then I noticed aero is different. No reason to ponder as I am sure things will change even more over the next 2 months.

A "correct" tune from GT5 works 95-98% in GT6. (GT5 being 100%)

The problem is if you don't tune yourself, you don't have a real basis
to build off of. IE if you don't know how to correct an issue how do you know what the real issue is or what is correct? With that in mind the tune that you thought was good might not be in the first place.
There is no real rating of a tuner or tunes.
Yes there are some Tune Contest. There are some "Popularity" list. Also most don't list when the tune was made. (Version)

At the end GT5's physics were pretty correct.
We might not have everything but the general principals of it's engine and tuning inputs were correct. So if you tuned a "balanced" car in GT5 said tune will carry over.

First thing I noticed with GT6 is tires.
Sidewall chatter is now in effect. Which is great. Then I noticed aero is different. No reason to ponder as I am sure things will change even more over the next 2 months.
Thanks for ur input,I'll be honest i am not mechanically inclined,but i can drive very well,so i feel like i'm dumb but i realize not everybody was born to be a mechanic,but i have noticed there is more g-forces against the car so suspension is key here and tires,when im at high speeds notice car wants to float,I do like GT6 more cause i think they tried to make more real racing physics,thanks to all who help us that are just learning the tune thing:gtpflag:

Well, I got the MR2 Spyder dialed in so it does not spin and I win consistently with it up to 450PP events. It is a little different than my GT5 build but not too much. Weight distribution, brake bias and driveline tuning were different to get the best results. I also raised the front end higher than the rear a bit and reduced the rear anti roll bar. I am not 100% satisfied but maybe 85-90%. I am also pleased that the changes that I would make to a street car to make it handle a certain way translate directly into making the car handle better in GT6.

I've just tried my MR2 and found it sooo looooose. Did you come up with anything that'll keep the tail on the track?

I had a whole notebook of tunes GT5 cars that worked really well. With the new suspension-body roll-tire dynamics in GT6, I am wondering if all those tunes will be worthless now. I enjoy tuning and will not mind sorting my favorite cars out again but it would be nice if the GT5 tunes were a starting point at least.
85% of the settings can stay the same.

Aerodynamics changed so you want to have a refining look at your aerodynamics, thus changing your SR and RH. Dependings of the used tires, LSD can move a few clicks too. Beside this, dampers stay the same (sometimes one moving one clic).
Camber is to put at 0 for now unless you had an allready very good gripping car.

I didn't studied braking level since the last patch. I almost never tuned with toe in GT5 so I can't know there.

Back