Are GT5 tunes compatible with GT6?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 6 comments
Not really. Camber and LSD settings seem to do the opposite of what they did in GT5

The description tells you that camber on the wheels will give them a larger contact patch when cornering, but in (GT6) reality, camber on the front wheels will cause them to be less grippy and the car will understeer more. Camber on the back causes oversteer.

It also states that raising the sensitivities in your LSD will cause understeer when cornering, but in a rwd car, it actually causes the rear to slide out more easily

I'm not sure whether the effects are wrong or just the descriptions, but GT5 tuning made more sense to me.

Last edited:
Not really. Camber and LSD settings seem to do the opposite of what they did in GT5

The description tells you that camber on the wheels will give them a larger contact patch when cornering, but in reality, camber on the front wheels will cause them to be less grippy and the car will understeer more. Camber on the back causes oversteer.

Yeah, I noticed in a lot of GT6 tunes people are not setting any camber. In GT5 it seemed like most tunes had heavy camber.

Wouldn't you think in an FR car, having your rear tires in more contact with the road while hitting the gas would cause oversteer? Maybe gt5 is the game that had it backwards.

I feel like the ride height and spring rate settings are about the same, but just about everything else feels different. I find myself using the same camber, but at lesser values.

Wouldn't you think in an FR car, having your rear tires in more contact with the road while hitting the gas would cause oversteer?
Power oversteer happens when the engine force exceeds the maximum force the tires can apply to the ground, and centrifugal momentum sends the rear of the car toward the outside of the turn.

Having more surface area in contact with the ground should increase the maximum force the tires can apply, making it harder for them to break loose.

Last edited:
People have told me that some tunes will work, but you just have to try and see. I have noticed what others said where basically the entire suspension is reversed from GT5. You could always try a tune and if it doesn't work reverse the suspension and see if it works than.

The '04 lotus elise (not race modified - tuned to 500 pp) with Praiano's GT 5 tune drives like its glued to the road. There are 3 of them though -

Update: it was the 500 pp tune: -25 00 ride height, 6.70 8.70 springs. Try it out and see what you think.

Last edited:
Back