Are GT5's Special Events the closest of GT's take into real motorsport?

• Thread starter o000o
  • 2 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
Most of the GT is actually, just trying out almost every type of car, in certain type of events (like trying out Group C in 24h Le Mans, or trying out rally cars in Special Conditions, etc.) but only detailing about that type of car and not that type of event (hence 'the real driving simulator', not 'racing simulator').

But this one in GT5....there are academies like in NASCAR, proper announcement by motorsport figures (Jeff Gordon, Sebastian Vettel), and the rally stages are made more like actual rally where it's time trial in a point-to-point dirt track.

Is that the one time GT brought out actual motorsport into the series? I would like that to be implemented again in GT7, but with connection to that actual motorsport event in main career races (NASCAR School connected to NASCAR Cup and/or possibly Daytona/Indy 500).

Ha I like your "name" o000o. What a cool "name."

I would say that yeah, this is the closest GT has gotten to including real-life stuff into the game. Still nowhere close to how things are done in real life though, except for the rally stages, perhaps. I mean, as far as I know, there are no two-lap NASCAR races, for instance. Then again, sitting in the pits during that "caution" period during the Advanced-level NASCAR, waiting to be launched back onto the track so I can try for that gold, that's pretty aggravating.

But for instance, when GT5 was new and it was announced that Sprint Cup cars was going to be in the game, I was expecting at least an entire endurance race at Daytona. Which does not happen.

The Top Gear events are pretty fun. :) I could see them making stuff up like VW Bus races on the actual show. Don't think anything like that actually happens though. :lol:

Ha I like your "name" o000o. What a cool "name."

I would say that yeah, this is the closest GT has gotten to including real-life stuff into the game. Still nowhere close to how things are done in real life though, except for the rally stages, perhaps. I mean, as far as I know, there are no two-lap NASCAR races, for instance. Then again, sitting in the pits during that "caution" period during the Advanced-level NASCAR, waiting to be launched back onto the track so I can try for that gold, that's pretty aggravating.

But for instance, when GT5 was new and it was announced that Sprint Cup cars was going to be in the game, I was expecting at least an entire endurance race at Daytona. Which does not happen.

The Top Gear events are pretty fun. :) I could see them making stuff up like VW Bus races on the actual show. Don't think anything like that actually happens though. :lol:
I don't really care nor talk about like the number of laps, just touching the motorsport aspect. I played games like EA Sports NASCAR too and also an F1 game when little and they too, are only having under 10 laps each race per season, normally.

Latest Posts

Back