Are miniatures possible? (tilt-shift)

England
Blackpool
ghostrider135
Seeing as there is no miniature filter in GTSport is there a way to use any of the camera settings in scapes to achieve a similar effect? if so I would be eternally grateful for a guide on how to do it if its even possible.

Whilst probably not the most useful technique I do like how some photos look with this effect. I am hoping to achieve results like this or even better.

tilt-shift-07.jpg

Anything that can help would be great, I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to photomode as a whole, My time is usually spent either making liveries or racing, So I'd like to learn some photography techniques for my livery photos :)

Sometimes I feel that lowering the aperture setting right down plus bleach bypass makes it look a bit miniature!

you'd have to pull an image out and manipulate it in PS. To get a tilt-shift you need a very narrow depth of field (area in focus) and good compression from a long-lens, it's just not possible to recreate in-game. As you use a longer lens, you are also increasing the depth of field (fstop will make depth of field smaller, but longer lens works against this creating what is called compression), with a tilt-shift you are able to drastically cut the depth of field to get the crazy bokeh and circles of confusion that this game just doesn't have the capability for out of the box.

you'd have to pull an image out and manipulate it in PS. To get a tilt-shift you need a very narrow depth of field (area in focus) and good compression from a long-lens, it's just not possible to recreate in-game. As you use a longer lens, you are also increasing the depth of field (fstop will make depth of field smaller, but longer lens works against this creating what is called compression), with a tilt-shift you are able to drastically cut the depth of field to get the crazy bokeh and circles of confusion that this game just doesn't have the capability for out of the box.

Well that is really disappointing I really didn't want to have to do post editing partly due to lack of talent and partly due to the fact it could have been a cool technique to use for the photomode comps, Thanks for your explanation 👍

I've wondered about this too, but haven't found a solution. Like Islaygaz said... open your aperture as wide as possible and then mess around with the filters.

It's a damn shame cuz they use to have that filter!

Back