Are the driving aids realistic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CincyReds
  • 4 comments
  • 766 views
Messages
33
I just noticed yesterday that ive been driving my cars with the driving aids on at their default value. I was wondering since these things are on on default, are they realistic? Is there really something in real life that racers can use to help with under and oversteer? Should I turn them off and get use to the cars again?
 
This is just my opinion, but I think it's better to turn them off and then tune the cars suspension, (ride height, dampers, stabilizers, etc.) to control the cars behavior in the way you want it to react.

I've always found the driving aids to be more of a hinderace than an aid, as I felt I couldn't exactly control the car the way I wanted. Getting rid of those and then tuning the car has given me a good balance.
 
Most cars that have this feature in real life have a button to turn them off. In reality, if you didn't switch these aids off at the race track and you were driving your car at the limit you would ruin your brakes in a single race. Race cars have different electronics so they wouldn't even think about adding this in. Maybe TC for the really high HP cars, but definitely not ASM.
 
TC doesn't do anything to your brakes, so it won't wear them out. ASM will make all but the most experienced driver faster around a track IRL, but in the game it gives almost everyone a slower lap time.
 
I found that driving aids were actually slowing down my potential times in GT3, and after I learned to drive with them off, i was literally shaving seconds upon seconds off my times. I would suggest that if u want to become a better driver at this game to play with all assists off. Thats how they do it in the real world anyways :)
 
Back