Are the Fanatec ClubSport pedals v3 overkill?

Sweden
Sweden
AlexKalopsia
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building a fairly humble first rig, and I am basically undecided about the Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. The alternative would be to go for the cheaper CSL Pedals + Load Cell kit.

I am an enthusiast player. For what it's worth I would attach them to a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD (https://nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-dd-for-direct-drive-wheels/) and I am just slightly worried that they are just gonna be very overkill for the frame I am using, or even for the type of play I would do.

Looking for any input, thanks.

I recently upgraded my CSL Elite wheel base (belt version) to the CSW V2.5 base and kept all the other CSL bits, which include the load cell version of the pedals. Personally, like you, I'm just an enthusiast level of player and I found the CSL pedals more than good enough for my level of playing. I have them mounted on a base under my desk and once they are nice and steady, I think they are an excellent route to go with your sim rig.

I got my gear second hand (mainly as it is quicker than buying new from Fanatec , due to me being in the UK) which helped me save where I could without compromising on quality (I use to have a new CSL elite PS4 rig but I was forced to sell, which was why when I was able to get myself set up again, I went 2nd hand).

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building a fairly humble first rig, and I am basically undecided about the Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. The alternative would be to go for the cheaper CSL Pedals + Load Cell kit.

I am an enthusiast player. For what it's worth I would attach them to a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD (https://nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-dd-for-direct-drive-wheels/) and I am just slightly worried that they are just gonna be very overkill for the frame I am using, or even for the type of play I would do.

Enthusiast you say! That means you may not need v3 but you would surely appreciate them. Seems it comes down to if you can part with the Monet (French accent please). There are more differences between these pedal sets than the 30kg load cell difference (60 vs 90 kg). One such difference is the rumble motor.

If anyone was wondering, GT7 apparently does not support the throttle rumble of the v3 pedals.

"Thank you for reaching out!

The rumble motor of the brake pedal works fine, however the rumble motor of the throttle pedal don't, because it's not supported by the game.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you!

(Fanatec Customer Service Team)"

A bit sad, but rumble on the brake is better than nothing

Hi everyone,

As someone that owns both the original CSL Elite load cell pedals and the Clubsport v3 pedals as well in my opinion the build quality and the difference in the adjustments are well worth the extra funds.
If you buy the clubsport pedals order the brake performance kit at the same time.

For the average casual gamer/racer the v3 pedals are a nice enough set that many will consider to be an end game set and will not ever be needed to be upgraded further.

But although I like the v3 pedals better my original version CSL elite set never gave me any problems and worked really well and now are packed away as a spare/backup set to the v3 pedals.

Latest Posts

Back