Are the Hori wheels any good?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 6 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
I've been thinking about getting a wheel on a budget, and noticed the Hori Apex wheels. Has anyone tried them? Are they any good?

I'll be honest I find non force feedback wheels to be worse than a standard controller. Personally I'd wait for a budget wheel (G29, T150 etc) to go on sale or look for a good used example - ebay etc.

I've been thinking about getting a wheel on a budget, and noticed the Hori Apex wheels. Has anyone tried them? Are they any good?
No man... take a look at used thrustmaster. Theres a lot of people that buys stuff because its cool and then sell it because its not cool anymore and you find really cheap and in neat conditions everywhere.

No man... take a look at used thrustmaster. There's a lot of people that buys stuff because its cool and then sell it because its not cool anymore and you find really cheap and in neat conditions everywhere.
There's a lot of people who get a wheel. Find the new experience cool and novel, but don't get over the retraining needed to actually get comfortable, and good at using it. Some will give up, thinking they're just better on a controller and toss it up for sale.

A used wheel in good condition can be found if you get lucky I suppose. ;) When the TM, T-500 first came out I bought two of them. They were $600 CAD and for a mid level wheel they worked great. I used the first one hard for three years and then pulled out the second one. I gave my older one to my son who is 27 now. The second wheel I used for about 8 years or so and while it still works it has issues.

I wouldn't sell it because it was too worn out, so I donated it to a new sim racer and he is still using it. I purchased a Accuforce ver II direct drive and it probably be a mid range DD wheel. The price was great at $1000, a high end DD wheel can go for triple that.

My advice, save your money and get the best wheel you can afford, like any mid price ThrustMaster. I had 5 or 6 wheels at one time, from bad to worse. The T-500 was a decent wheel, I also had A Logitech G27, G29, two different Fanatec which I would not recommend. Keep in mind, all wheels wear out, the cheap ones wear out faster.

Last edited:
Back