Are the stealth cars worth it?

Messages
255
I preordered from gamestop and should have received the McLaren F1 and a NASCAR stealth car but didn't receive the codes with the game(my girlfriend picked my copy up for me). I'm wondering if they are worth calling GS about the matter or if they really aren't all that much. Can you upgrade a regular F1 to the performance of the stealth version or do they have added performance you can't get in the tune shop?
 
I preordered from gamestop and should have received the McLaren F1 and a NASCAR stealth car but didn't receive the codes with the game(my girlfriend picked my copy up for me). I'm wondering if they are worth calling GS about the matter or if they really aren't all that much. Can you upgrade a regular F1 to the performance of the stealth version or do they have added performance you can't get in the tune shop?

The code should be printed on your receipt.
 
In a word YEP! They are worth it.
 
Yes, they look and drive awesome. A big plus is when it's time to restore engine and chassis, it will only cost you 1000 cr.
 
The McLaren F1 is insanely awesome. One of my favorite cars.
 
Got the McLaren, SLS and GT-R stealths, all awesome and well worth it. NSX code on the way.
 
damn it i threw my receipt away :( i wonder if gs will reprint it?
 
HN7
Yes, they look and drive awesome. A big plus is when it's time to restore engine and chassis, it will only cost you 1000 cr.

Yes! It's really nice to have such cheap repair costs when you're dealing with a million dollar car.
 
they say, look at me i am a true GT fan as i spent $300+ on this game
 
The code should be printed on your receipt.

They're actually supposed to give you a separate receipt with the codes on it.

I think this is why he didn't get them.
 
I... threw... my receipt out....

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg


They're actually supposed to give you a separate receipt with the codes on it.

I think this is why he didn't get them.

If that's the case I never received them.
 
I... threw... my receipt out....

If that's the case I never received them.

That's what almost happened to me. Fortunately, the guy remembered and I didn't have to tell him anything. So yeah, I think you should just go ahead and call them.
 
Just go back to the store she got it from and tell them you pre ordered but never got the code. Someone else on the forum said they forgot, and they forgot to give me mine too. I went back and got the code, and then went again and got another, and another from another store, haha. Both stores had piles of codes, yet my store only had 2 CEs pre ordered.
 
they say, look at me i am a true GT fan as i spent $300+ on this game

Not if you pre-ordered. The car code should not of cost anything. The chromeline cars did cost a little extra but not the stealth ones.
 
i pre-ordered the sig editition, the chromeline and stealth came in the tin
 
Mine were on the original receipt. Yes the car are worth it. Especially to help build cash early in the game.

The JL Nascar actually has about 40+ HP over the cars in the dealerships (but that doesn't matter on Daytona :rolleyes:).
 
They are not worth it, the stealth line and crome line blow. Just get the regular cars that they are, and you're perfectly in shape. Same crap, just tuned by PD, which you can do and most have most of the mods bought and installed. So is what worth it? They look sweet, but other than their unique paint, nothing specially about them.
 
who cares, not like they will enjoy winning in those cars anyway. they will most likely want to win races in non promotional vehicles just invented to increase revenues, they spent 300 probably cause they can so big whoop not about that... aim i right?
 
I don't think so its worth, my SLS AMG stealths the Engine Overhaul and Chassis Maintenance each cost Cr. 500
 
Back