Are there any Nintendo DS/Wii nostalgic guys?

Italy
Italy, Naples
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I found some Wii videos in my YouTube recommendations, and I really felt nostalgic. As a 2000s kid, I grew up with some amazing games consoles. Nintendo DS really was amazing for the time. My childhood game was Mario Kart DS. The drifting was a challenge, but at the same time the game was very easy and the courses were amazing. Then my parents bought me the Nintendo Wii. It was so good. I really liked it. I still have both consoles - in perfect state - and yesterday evening I had a really good time playing with them.
So I was wondering if someone else was nostalgic and I would like him to talk about his experience with these videogames. I'd like to discuss about ourselves, the things we were scaried of, the things we liked a lot, the most nostalgic things.

Well, I really liked the Nintendo DS and used to play Pokemon games with it. I have my DS Lite for almost 10 years now. Still working, although there's some wear and tear already with the rubber of its buttons.

Well, I really liked the Nintendo DS and used to play Pokemon games with it. I have my DS Lite for almost 10 years now. Still working, although there's some wear and tear already with the rubber of its buttons.
Same for me! I have my DS Lite from 9 years and it is still working!

I never had a Wii when they first came out but I've been on a nostalgia rush lately and ended up buying one dirt cheap about 6 weeks ago and a copy of Skyward Sword, One of the most under-rated games I had a blast playing that, Also a few weeks ago I found a brand new copy of Pikmin for the Wii on Amazon so I bought it because new :sly:

My foreign cousin used to have a Nintendo Wii before and it had Wii Sports. We played bowling with it and it was really fun back then.

The Nintendo DS and Wii doesn't feel that long ago for me. I still have mine, haven't played in a while, but I still have immediate access to them. Maybe that's why.

I've felt video game nostalgia many times with PSX, SNES, NES and such, and during the times I spent revisiting them, I find myself being more than able to let go of that sentiment of playing them again "for old time's sake". The games just don't feel the same as your memories of playing them when you've moved onto bigger and better games.

Oh yeah, still have both, and still play them now and then. In particular, I loved the Super Mario Galaxy games on Wii, and revisit them from time to time. My 3DS still goes with me on most trips, usually with Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask in the card slot.

Me and some friends occasionally play CTGP Revolution, which is a mod for Mario Kart Wii that adds around 200 tracks to the game.

A good amount of the tracks are decent quality (mainly the ports from previous games), but the real fun is playing on the custom tracks, some of which seem to be completely broken. :lol:

giphy.gif

Dusted off my old Wii the other day and got it hooked up.

I loved Bowling and Table Tennis in Wii Sports Resort

Me and some friends occasionally play CTGP Revolution, which is a mod for Mario Kart Wii that adds around 200 tracks to the game.

A good amount of the tracks are decent quality (mainly the ports from previous games), but the real fun is playing on the custom tracks, some of which seem to be completely broken. :lol:
Oh yeah!! CTGP! Omg... good memories. My mum didn't want me to install it when I was little... but videos about it are amazing. A lot of people still play it in 2019 instead of Mario Kart 8, and if I still had an MKWii disk I'd love to play with them.

Back