Are there enough race events to reach level 40?

  • Thread starter Thread starter danowat
  • 16 comments
  • 1,559 views
Messages
237
Messages
Danowat32
Messages
Danowat32
As above, I am at level 20, most specials done, most license done, beginner, amatuer, professional tiers done, halfway through expert, with extreme left to do, and apparently endurance races after that.

So my question is, is there enough events in this game to get us all to the lofty heights of level 40?, or are we going to have to grind our way there, repeating many race events?.

Considering there is no other way of earning XP than racing in single player, are just over 45 events, and the licenses and specials enough for a game such as GT5?.

I am also a little suprised at how short the special events are, take the top gear challenge as example, there are 3 very short races, is this enough to warrant to inclusion of a franchise such as Top gear?, or is it a wasted oppertunaty?, likewise the Nascar events......

Would this be something that PD could flesh out in the future with DLC?
 
im at the same point as you and im expecting to have to do a little grinding shortly
 
You can race the same races all over again. You will still level up!! I don't know about special events though.
 
You can race the same races all over again. You will still level up!! I don't know about special events though.

But this is my point about grinding.......surely PD should have / would have, given us enough races to get to a level where we have realistic damage without having to repeat events over and over?, or at least given us the chance to earn XP in MP?.

Once we reach such a level, are we all going to be so burnt out from grind to get there to even want to race anymore once we have it?
 
I'm currently level 17.

- Got all 50 golds in licenses (haven't done S yet)
- 7 of the 9 in First A-Spec Series and none of the others.
- Special events - Karting, Grand Tour and Loeb completed. Done beginner Jeff Gordan and AMG. Nothing else done at all.

So with that in mind I can see level 40 being very achievable - I haven't even touched the other 4 higher A-spec Series'. 4 X 9 = 36 other events all with a number of races within them. these are likely to have higher XP the further you get as well.

Basically if you gold everything in the game you will get to 40.
 
So there is only 9 events per tier? I was worried about that since a lot of the earlier events force me to buy a car I don't want just to use it once. Almost seems like a waste of an event. I hope and pray that they release more events through dlc.
 
I'm level 26, and you will absolutely have to grind for XP to reach the upper levels. I completed the first endurance race and it only gave me enough XP to get halfway to the next experience level, and therefore the next endurance race. The last couple of races have multiple levels in between them. They need to add XP to online races quick.
 
So there is only 9 events per tier? I was worried about that since a lot of the earlier events force me to buy a car I don't want just to use it once. Almost seems like a waste of an event. I hope and pray that they release more events through dlc.

I was of the same impression at first, but to be honest I think there's enough. A lot of the higher tiers will have 10 races championships and each race will have many laps. There's no point having a silly amount of filler either in my opinion. Also, with the special events there is a lot more depth. They are a lot of fun, quite varied and take quite a while to get through.

For me, when online leader boards appear, that's where I will be getting my replay value.
 
well, who knows, they may be more surprises that will await us. even more races after we've finished the extreme events and all.
 
well, who knows, they may be more surprises that will await us. even more races after we've finished the extreme events and all.

There are; the Endurance Series. The Red Bull special event also appears at some point.
 
I was of the same impression at first, but to be honest I think there's enough. A lot of the higher tiers will have 10 races championships and each race will have many laps. There's no point having a silly amount of filler either in my opinion. Also, with the special events there is a lot more depth. They are a lot of fun, quite varied and take quite a while to get through.

For me, when online leader boards appear, that's where I will be getting my replay value.

Yeah I guess, I just like to have a lot of choices of events to use my various favorite cars in. I'll live though.

I'm totally with you on the leaderboards. Shaving seconds off of laps to rank higher and beat friends' times is what I love about racing games in the first place. That patch cannot come soon enough.
 
I'm level 26, and you will absolutely have to grind for XP to reach the upper levels. I completed the first endurance race and it only gave me enough XP to get halfway to the next experience level, and therefore the next endurance race. The last couple of races have multiple levels in between them. They need to add XP to online races quick.

This was my worry.......

They really need to add some more ways of earning XP, either by fleshing out the special events, or allowing us to earn it in MP
 
Are we absolutely certain the XP for each event is fixed? I was only half paying attention earlier but I could swear I received more XP for finishing 2nd in a race with one car than I did when I went back and repeated it with a faster car.

Could it be that we get more XP for using a slower car or am I just clutching at straws here?
 
A bit of grinding makes sense to me. If you hit 40 before you finish everything, you won't have much left to play for afterward. I'd rather finish the races then still have something to work towards.
 
Are we absolutely certain the XP for each event is fixed? I was only half paying attention earlier but I could swear I received more XP for finishing 2nd in a race with one car than I did when I went back and repeated it with a faster car.

Could it be that we get more XP for using a slower car or am I just clutching at straws here?

Recent concencuss states that the sliding scale of XP awarded, it due to your XP level, rather then what car you use, you get less XP the higher level you are for a given event.
 
Back