Are you buying all the cars or...

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 12 comments
  • 1,104 views

This is What I'm doing with my CRs

  • Gotta have 'em ALL

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Buying Most - just to try 'em out

    Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Just the cars I want or find interesting

    Votes: 30 55.6%
  • I have a different plan

    Votes: 2 3.7%

  • Total voters
    54
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
Are you going to buy every car in the game; just to say you have 'em or to simply try them out? Or are you just going to buy the cars you want or find interesting?

At this point I'm just going to buy the ones I find interesting to give them a try. Most are the million+ cars LMs and race cars. Probably will own every one of those. But not the others. Certainly have no need of the 50 Skylines, Fairladys and such. If it's a multi-make car then I've no need of it.
 
I'm buying at least one of each. This is partially so that my credits don't go to waste (I keep around 19 million or so, so if I don't use them they start to vanish into a black hole at 20 million), partially for the sake of getting the Trophy for owning a thousand cars, and partially just because I want to own them all, like Pokemon.
 
Due to the lack of events I've changed the way I play for GT5. In previous versions I just got cars that interested me...but this time round I'm trying to get them all, game economy and UCD system are hampering me tho.
 
I wanted all cars, now I'm tired of grinding, I can't event do random events, the game has got quiet boring for me, specially for the bad sounds... I think i'll wait for the updates

I need most of the $700,000+ racing cars, the Lambo miura and the ford Mark IV. That is a lot of money needed!.
 
Just the cars I want atm. I think I've driven 80% of my garage so far. Don't see why I would need 30 different Miata's. I do want every premium for some reason.
 
There's a bunch of cars in this game that I have no interest in whatsoever, and I'll make no effort to buy them. I've won/been gifted a lot of junk too. I've a mate who is interested in collecting all of them, he's got 850 unique cars now. Me, I have half that figure, but do have multiples of the same car. Just bought my third X540 the other day, grabbed my second M3 in the UCD last night, in the mustard colour too. I have 3 Caterhams as well ... you get my point...

{Cy}
 
going for the most i can, been doing b-spec dream car champ and getting around 866k a series it also refreshes the ucd after each, with cars i cant afford i leave now im only really getting a few new cars each refresh so money is starting to pile up nicely for the more expensive cars.

my current list http://www.mygranturismo.net/21192
 
Only 3 to go! Ford mark 4, ferrari 2007 & the jag u win in the top gear challenge.
 
going for the most i can, been doing b-spec dream car champ and getting around 866k a series it also refreshes the ucd after each, with cars i cant afford i leave now im only really getting a few new cars each refresh so money is starting to pile up nicely for the more expensive cars.

my current list http://www.mygranturismo.net/21192

i am doing this exact same thing, im finding only 2 to 4 cars per complete championship but then 3 JGT cars and a group B car will turn up all at once after 8 runs with barely anything in the UCD, so takes me straight back down to my hovering point at about 8mil, im leaving all 2mil+ cars alone at this point and passing them up for later.

My plan is to drain the UCD first then grind the dream car for 866k a time while searching for the final more expensive cars, i know i will hit 20mil doing this, then if there is nothing in the UCD i will take my money down with premium cars, of which i have hardly any, only prize cars atm havent bought one yet.

Then if i drain the premium dealers, have 20mil in the bank and still need to erk out the last few standards from the UCD ill just cycle and restart races 5 at a time to fully fefresh the UCD

my current GT5 garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/13954
 
I own every car in the game. And most alternate colors. I have 1300 cars. My garage is so big it freezes my console in large online races.
Now I go through the ucd and if I see a car with under 10,000 km I'll buy it and sell my original.
 
I just buy what I want to drive. Why should I buy every car in the game just to boast about it :/, seems pointless.
 
Certainly have no need of the 50 Skylines, Fairladys and such. If it's a multi-make car then I've no need of it.

I'm probably not gonna get everyone of those, but there is one GT-R that I'm glad I bought, the GT-R Concept '01. One of the best looking cars in the game, and fantastic performance :)

I'm actually gonna buy that car again next time it shows up in the UCD, so I can have one fully tuned and one stock. Maybe a third as well, in different colour...
 
I've bought the 300 cars that I find to be somewhat most interesting, and yet, I still have more to discover. to make the long story short, I am now on the mission to just buy them all, but I won't go nuts if I can't find the last missing few. I hope PD allows for "storage" garage, where we can filter out cars we care least about to actually drive. Last night I've made a new favorites list, and I have about 20 cars flagged in there.
 
Back