Are you weirdly good/bad at certain tracks?

• Thread starter Sean Renon
  • 71 comments
Brands Hatch is simple with only 1 difficult corner, Turn 1. You shouldnt have an issue with this given its was overplayed in GT6 seasonals.

I have to disagree. Brands Hatch might not be that difficult if you want to be reasonably fast. But if you go for the optimum every corner becomes dangerous. One tiny mistake and you are done.

I think it is the best drivers track in the game.

Last edited:
I'm most competitive at Suzuka and Nurb GP (typically top 10 qualifying time, top 3 in the race at S/S). Also pretty competitive at Brands and Interlagos.

I'm absolutely rubbish at Bathurst and the fake tracks :lol:
Considering Bathurst is in my neck of the woods, plus having driven on the track IRL, I can assure you it has some tricky bits.
Especially so, as you drive up the mountain with its elevation changes.
In game, you don't sense the elevation change as much as IRL, but PD have done an amazing job with the track.

I love Brands Hatch took me from a D/C last night to a C/S always fast round there in GR4 especially in a TT
Brands is my best track as well, it’s the only one where I can get close enough to the top 10 (.3 to .6 gap) to be a win contender in A/S lobbies, had so much fun in the 4C and the 86 in the dailies
I’m also decent at Dragon trail and Monza (I live like 2 Kms away from the real circuit so I simply must be good around there).
I’m fairly average at Kyoto, Interlagos and Maggiore, while I just suck at Nurb GP and Suzuka

Considering Bathurst is in my neck of the woods, plus having driven on the track IRL, I can assure you it has some tricky bits.
Especially so, as you drive up the mountain with its elevation changes.
In game, you don't sense the elevation change as much as IRL, but PD have done an amazing job with the track.

👍

Since writing the above, I've invested some time getting better at Bathurst... I'm still c.2s off the top time on the 'Circuit Experience' event (and no idea how I lose so much), but I've had some decent qualifying results there in the dailys - 2nd in the Subaru IOM car, and numerous top 10's in grp4/grp3.

It's still a track I need to get better on, but I'm not as bad as I used to be :)

Yes! (High Dr B)

I think my win history answers this question very well lol.
View attachment 718286

I'd like to see more diversity in my list, but this is where I'm at.

In terms of where I am bad at, I am pretty bad at Maggiore even though I love the track.

Wow this is an old post :lol::lol::lol: Now my win list makes the question at hand real obvious.

Primary account:

Screenshot_20180502-063751_ColorNote.jpg

Screenshot_20180502-063802_ColorNote.jpg

Secondary account (I have only entered races at Interlagos on this account, except for 1 or 2 Monza races)
Screenshot_20180502-063818_ColorNote.jpg

Last edited:
👍

Since writing the above, I've invested some time getting better at Bathurst... I'm still c.2s off the top time on the 'Circuit Experience' event (and no idea how I lose so much), but I've had some decent qualifying results there in the dailys - 2nd in the Subaru IOM car, and numerous top 10's in grp4/grp3.

It's still a track I need to get better on, but I'm not as bad as I used to be :)
I think if you can improve on the sections up the mountain with its quick left/right turns, I'm sure your lap times will drop.
It's the one place that even catches out professional drivers.
You just need to make the tiniest of mistakes and it's all over,as there's no room to recover up the mountain.
I should clarify "mountain" is the highest peak of the track.

I think if you can improve on the sections up the mountain with its quick left/right turns, I'm sure your lap times will drop.
It's the one place that even catches out professional drivers.
You just need to make the tiniest of mistakes and it's all over,as there's no room to recover up the mountain.
I should clarify "mountain" is the highest peak of the track.

Took me a while to work out the line for sharp uphill left (probably where I found most of my time), as getting this right saves loads of time. After that I then worked on the lines to stay flat through the subsequent right/right/left/left/left (well, flat with a couple of tiny lifts, depending on the car).

I suspect I'm losing time in the next section between braking for the downhill, and the final hairpin on to the back straight... but not sure where!

I really enjoy running Bathurst now though :)

I seem to have a natural flow with Bathurst/Mt. Panorama, I love how close the walls are and how fast you can take most of the turns at the top of the hill before the downhill section. Most people seem to over-brake for the quick downhill left after the flat section when in reality you can slow down a little, throw the car into it and then let the sharp right hand turn slow the car down a little ahead of the next, low speed, left turn.

I find it also helps to brake VERY early for the last turn onto the back straight so you can hug the barrier most of the way round. A common mistake there is to brake too late as it's easy to forget you're still going downhill.

I seem to do fairly well on Alsace - Village and I love driving Kyoto Driving Park (full track).

I really dislike Willow Springs and Brands Hatch though, and I'm not a fan of Monza either. I just can't seem to find the braking points in any class.

Bathhurst is the one that stumps me the most on the Circuit Experience. I've been slowly going through the CE's to get my daily bonus and circuit experience gold prize cars. Most of the circuits i can get gold with a couple of tries and then move on to the next. But with Bathhurst i just can't nail that 1 lap gold. I'm sure some of that is me stubbornly sticking with auto gearbox and traditional GT button layout on the controller (which means none-analogue brake/accelerator control - so either full throttle or full brakes with no percentage in between.) I'm probably losing most time on the down hill section before the Conrod Straight where partial throttle and brakes is likely the quickest way.

I'm also a few seconds off gold on the Nurburgring 1 lap too, but that's more down to just forgetting what corners are coming up next. I've probably only attempted a full lap 3 or 4 times and each time i've spun at some point.

Turns out I'm also good on the new circuit of Dragon Trail, kind of fits with my style of driving, whereas I see lots of racers running wide when the zigzag corners comes.

Back