Area 51

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 11 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
The game from the arcade and the Sega Saturn returns in an all new horrifying game. The intro to the game is scary enough. Gameplay is excellent in lighting effects, and more than just those plain zombies return.

As you progress through, you'll have to fight zombies which will jump out and try to bite you. Videos showing the zombie biteing your player is a scary image, as the blood oozes out. And again, these zombies are carrying power.

Again, as you progress through the game, you'll have to cover some of your men to keep them from being turned against you. It's amazing that when this happens, these zombies are still in your comrades armor.

But unfornately, no matter how hard you try, some of your men will be taken. The game is looking great and should not be under-estimated. Even the game play looks great. When you pull the trigger in the dark, the area lights up for a second.

This is a mjor improvement over the previous title. And rumor is that the there will be a special gun you can use with the Area 51 printed on it.

This game...I will probably end up buying. Check out the video at IGN.

I didn't see this anywhere else. So I thought I'd post it here. So what do you guys think?

I know it hasn't. I've just been letting people know about it.

BTW, check IGN Videos on it for the opening video! 👍

OK, got my chance today, and ignore the 1st post. IGN was full of crap on alot of things.

1st off: Lightning effects: Best ever. The area is very dark and lighting from the fire or your gun is it. The creatures take a **** load of bullets sometimes. It seems you'll be carrying a pistol, machine gun (w/ scope), sniper w/ x2 zoom, and a shotgun. The machine gun scope is ok but you the gun moves towards you. So you have to get used to that before trying it. Also, fire and dangling electric wires can kill you. You have 4 comrades with you, and looks as if you meet up with the previous squad before you. Gameplay is a great from what I've seen. IMO, this game is a little more challenging than Halo. But not by far. Anyways, its not a "just shoot and kill as many Aliens as you can" game. You will have to cover your men. If you hide in a corner, they might die and then you're on your own. But a twist. Yes, you do get infected, and sometime in the game, your comrades will be dead and you'll be battling alone. I didn't get a good look at options or what the hell was going on at first. Game loaded, and level started. Also, I did not make it all the way through the level as a To Be Continued...sign came on.

I played the demo on the latest Xbox Mag Disk, and my review comes to this so far.

It is an awesome game and beats the original by a lot. There does seem to be quite a few healths, but the packets on the grounf with the Red Cross symbol are not them. The needle like canisters with the glowing green fluid in them are your health, and there seems to be a bit of it around, but it doesn't increase much. As of now, I can't tell if the levels will get any brighter, or when the Grays appear. All I got to kill where Zombies and little Face-Hugger like things from the movie Alien.

In conclusion of the demo: The game is great and is pretty easy to get the hang of after a few trys. You can be killed rather easily depending on where you're shooting. Also, none of the guns beside the Sniper and Machine Gun look like a real manufactured gun. The Pistol is powerful along with the Shotgun.

Release Date: Early 2005. 👍

which Xbox magazine did u get it out of?the most recent oxm had demos of def jam fight for new york, second sight, blinx 2,galleon, and silent hill 4:the room.but no area 51.

Chris Hendriks
which Xbox magazine did u get it out of?the most recent oxm had demos of def jam fight for new york, second sight, blinx 2,galleon, and silent hill 4:the room.but no area 51.

I got that one, and got the Official Xbox Magazine, November Edition. It has the Area 51 demo along with the Outrun 2 demo. There is a DOA Ultimate, 3 Splinter Cell 3 movies, and 2 Blinx 2 movies.

PSM did not like this one.
They thought it might be the PS2 Halo 2, but instead, it got a 6.9.
Ouch.

There is a new demo out. I think it may be from Xbox Mag. Its suppose to be a level farther into the game where you get to see more creatures, but I haven't checked yet.

McLaren F1GTR
PSM did not like this one.
They thought it might be the PS2 Halo 2, but instead, it got a 6.9.
Ouch.

There is a new demo out. I think it may be from Xbox Mag. Its suppose to be a level farther into the game where you get to see more creatures, but I haven't checked yet.

to me the ps2 halo is killzone i love the game but it wasnt much of a hit like halo was.

Well, I'm in the midst of playing through it right now. It's pretty good, I really like the weapons, especially the dual shotguns :bowdown:, but there could definitely be more weapons. I was kind of disappointed that there is no dual pistols though, dual everything else, but not pistols. :odd: The gameplay gets pretty repetitive, just a lot of running through hallways and rooms and killing hordes of mutated scientists and security guards. Although that is very fun. :dopey: Some of the enemies are really cool, especially the "Theta"s, although I haven't encountered one in combat yet, only in a cutscene where it took out my whole team. :scared: As for the team aspect of the game, this is actually pretty cool. Most of the game I've played so far was with at least 2 or 3 other guys, and you really have to watch their backs. The AI controlled teammates aren't stupid either, which was a big relief, I thought they held their own very well. They like to swear a lot though. :odd: I'll finish this review when I'm done the game.

Oh, and has anyone else played this?

I would like to play it but my local Blockbuster had ONLY 1 COPY!?!?!?! And I only need the copy for about 20 minutes, if you know what I mean..hehe.

jump_ace

Back