ARGH! Nascar ASM Patched!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CockyRacingGuy
  • 14 comments
  • 4,532 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
26
Messages
CockyRacingGuy
I'm screwed. I took several attempts at golding the Daytona race in the NASCAR series but kept getting PIT maneuvered on lap 9. I gave up and put it asside for a while. So today I went back to take another stab at it and low and behold I can't turn off the ASM with my DFGT anymore! The race just went from very difficult to down right impossible. After 15 consecutive attempts I didn't make it to so much as lap 5 before being spun. The car is an understeering piece of crap too. I have what should be a tail happy demon, but ASM turns it into a F#@$% tug boat!

Damn you PD! Why won't you just let the skilled drivers drive and let the slow drivers wallow in the muck? The god awful AI is completely ruining this game for me.

*Deleted as not to offend anyone*

This game also reminds me why I hate NASCAR so much. The drivers all drive like GT A.I. Sadly the Daytona race is the one that's actually realistic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Turn ABS off :dunce:

It forces ASM off. I completed them today easily after turning ABS off.
 
The NASCAR drivers are extremly skilled, don't compare the disgustingly stupid GT5 A.I to them please...
 
There are a few posts on how to beat this race. I beat it last night with ASM off. I turned ABS off, which automatically turns it off (per the tool tip.) Maybe a mod can combine your thread or point you to the correct thread for your answer.
 
...t I can only come to the conclusion that Japanese drivers are a bunch of useless morons ....

I presume you are racist, yes?
 
I have ABS off and my ASM still shows as on.
 
I have ABS off and my ASM still shows as on.

It will still show as on, but it won't work, do the event/race and you'll see.
 
Will agree the NASCAR event needs to be renamed "Pit Maneuver Avoidance Challenge." Got all my golds and won't ever be stepping back in that event again.
 
I have ABS off and my ASM still shows as on.

If you are driving with bumper cam, the first icon at the bottom of the speedo is an exclamation mark inside a triangle I believe. It flashes when ASM is doing it's thing.

And the racism in your first post is completely unneccessary. Suggest you edit it.
 
Since we know this game is designed for the Japanese Domestic Market I can only come to the conclusion that Japanese drivers are a bunch of useless morons that brake in a straight line, bounce the engine off the rev limiter for a good two count after exiting any corner, take three quarters of a straight away before deciding which side to pass a car with half the power and will ram every car on the road at every opportunity and generally cheat whenever possible with no thought what so ever to any possible consequences. Otherwise how could any living soul in PD have ever thought that this AI was even remotely acceptable in anyway?

Maybe they modeled the AI on the average GT5P racer... It would make sense! :lol: 👍
 
I sucks at NASCAR, I think I'm a too aggressive driver, the Gordon challenge, I can not get the bronze in the two last races in the expert mod, and I have tried for many hours! :grumpy:
 
A simple search for help on the Nascar Series would have saved you the headache. Remember to play nice when posting on the boards.

Jerome
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back