ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! license help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Guvernment
  • 25 comments
  • 589 views
Messages
48
hey all

for some reason i can NOT for the life of me do the first test for the IB license!! the 60m circle with wet road and the vette

what is the trick! i have done all the others - except the last cause i need to finish this one.

i have tried and tried since last night - i come with in 1 or 2 seconds but cna not not do it and it is driving me MAD!! i tell you..lol
 
I remember that one, its not too bad once you get it. Its a matter of getting the tightest and fastest line you can. Its been awhile since i did it, but i would imagine that taking the inside as fast as you can with out spinning (a small amount of rear slide is alright, but keep it down) and then just do it over and over. It took me about an hour to get it down. Then it was like, "duh..." and i beat the bronze by a fair margin. :cool:
 
lol.. i pushed the car to max and passed every corner in a flash...but sliped a little:rolleyes: but r u useing Manual or automatic..? manual i passed it with ez casue i slide through corners...
 
i used automatic but it wasnt eezy i think thats the hardest test apart from the toyota gt1 on special:)
 
lol..u drive auto..? omg whats with u..manual is the best ...got to love the shifting
 
auto here - just not used to manual yet. - i tried drifting through most of it, but ARGH!...lol

i tried the rumble strips, but had probs staying on - do u a max speed? or up and down all the way around?
 
do you use the analog acceleration and turning? That helps a lot.

I first did this test before I even knew how to set up the analog controls. I found the if I kept hitting the accelerator the tires would grip again for just a moment. That's how I beat it the first time. Just kept punching the accelerator.


Stay on the inside of the ring. Try not to drift too much. Also turn off ASM if you have that on. I don't even know if it lets you use that in the license anyway.

Good luck.
 
Originally posted by Total_turbo
lol..u drive auto..? omg whats with u..manual is the best ...got to love the shifting


Judging by a few of your latest posts,... I'd have to assume that you are a GT3 pro of some sort,.... with all this critisism and all,.. tell me,.. what credentials can support your current attitude?
 
Originally posted by danoff
do you use the analog acceleration and turning? That helps a lot.

I first did this test before I even knew how to set up the analog controls. I found the if I kept hitting the accelerator the tires would grip again for just a moment. That's how I beat it the first time. Just kept punching the accelerator.


Stay on the inside of the ring. Try not to drift too much. Also turn off ASM if you have that on. I don't even know if it lets you use that in the license anyway.

Good luck.

thnx m8 - havet used the analog yet - semi tried the puching excel on and off - will try to turn off the ASM if i can! here goes nothing!
 
I struggled with this test as well but stuck at it and eventually got it.

Try to stick to the rumble strip but watch for the first sign of drift. If you drift too far the car will spin.

Don't accelerate too much or for too long.

If the car starts to go wide do no brake just stop accelerating and steer. When the car straightens up accelerate.
 
I can't get past the FIRST test for the special license. I get a headache every time i try. Why do they have to give you such a piece 'a crap car. I guess it's supposed to make you a better driver but to me it doesn't do anything but make me either want to scream and smash the PS2 or go out and buy a Gameshark (if there's even a code for that). I think one time i missed it by like a couple hundreths of a second and I was so mad i sat in my chair, mouth open, staring at the screen in disbelief, and in my head i had the color red imprinted on my mind. Maybe i should go try again... well, maybe not.

Does anyone have any tips for my situation?!?
 
GET THE GHOST ON ITS HELPS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! ON ALL THE IB tests personally that was my key to the car
 
RAPTOR65

I know it is hard but keep trying. That is the best advice I can give.

You are probably braking too much. That was my problem in that test.

If you own that car go to free run and keep doing laps over and over.

If you don't have the car but have enough money here is what to do.

1. Save game.
2. Buy car
3. Turn TCS and ASM or whatever they are called off.
4. Go to free run and do some laps.
5. Restart machine without saving again. The game you saved previously will come up ie you have not bought the car.

You may just be having a bad day. Try again tomorrow.

Watch the demo not necessarily for the line but definitely for how much braking the AI car does or does not do.
 
ok its easy...

go for manual
stick it second gear and go flat out as tight as you can. do not change up a gear to third untill the end is in sight.

this will get you a bronze.
 
Originally posted by ving
ok its easy...

go for manual
stick it second gear and go flat out as tight as you can. do not change up a gear to third untill the end is in sight.

this will get you a bronze.

Have I got the right test. Isn't this the VX220/Opel Speedster. I don't think gears / wheelspin is a problem here. It certainly wasn't for me and I use Automatic gears.

Having said that if wheelspin has been a problem then try this. You will probably need to try this in the later tests anyway.
 
lol!
read the first post gumpy!
60 m circle in a vette in the wet.... not the speedster in the dry!! :p
 
Originally posted by ving
lol!
read the first post gumpy!
60 m circle in a vette in the wet.... not the speedster in the dry!! :p

classic.

I was responding to raptor65. One of those perfect examples of why not to hijack a thread.
 
LMAO!!

you crack me up!
hijacking threads is all good tho :p
 
all right hands up :mad: im officially hijacking the thread:trouble: i want all of you to reman calm while i totally change the subject :p jks

try and press the x butten slightly more then more until its at the right revs. IN other words use the pressure sensitive buttons to your advantage
 
OH YA I FORGOT THE ONE THING THAT CAN REALLY HELP!!! Get your Launch right. You can save huge amounts of time there. Its even more important when on a wet or loose serface. :cool:
 
^^^^ i have a pain on starts tried afew ways but i am always spinning out on the start :(
 
Are you useing the buttons or the sticks? If its the buttons i would suggest going to the 400m test and learning how sensitive they are, because i did the test with the buttons all the way around. That gas can be slowly increased and decreased, not just on and off. Also try it with a stick. :cool:
 
^^^ nice will give that a try - i am using the buttons, guess i got to get used to those analog sticks!
 
Back