• 17 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
tYNNWTH.png
Ariel Atom 700 by DDMWorks '12
wGxjQ0o.png

file.php

By now, we know what the Ariel Atom is capable of, but every so often, we’re reminded just how much more awesome it could be if an aftermarket company got its hands on one. Thanks to DDMWorks, you won’t have to wait long for an answer. As a refresher, the standard Atom carries a 2.4-liter Honda I4 engine that’s capable of hitting 0-100 km/h in just 2.9 seconds. Mighty impressive, right?

Not as much after what DDMWorks was done with it. The newly minted Ariel Atom 7 was given a 2.0-liter Ecotec I4 engine with Wiseco pistons, beefier connecting rods, and an ARP hardware unit. The end result? 700 horsepower. Combine that with the car’s 657 kg weight and the subsequent power-to-weight ratio of just 2.07 pounds per horsepower, and you have a car that can put even the mightiest of exotics to shame.

DDMWorks achieved this by installing a Garrett GTX 3076 turbocharger, a custom M62 supercharger, and a custom exhaust system into the mix. There are also 1,100 cc injectors and an Aeromotive 1000 fuel pump that have been put to good use. A custom air-to-water heat exchanger is used to cool the supercharger output along with a gigantic air-to-air intercooler in the rear to cool the air from the turbo, both units custom made for the conversion by Griffin Thermal Products. A new set of 16" and 17" wheels were also fitted and wrapped in Toyo R888 tires. The aftermarket company recommends that anybody who tries to get behind the wheel of the Atom 700 to undergo special training first.

Max Power: 700 HP
Weight: 657 Kg

file.php

file.php

Last edited:
Must be the heaviest Atom I've read about. But a Hell Yes is in order. 👍👍

Edit: Apologies are in order, too. Forgot to like it. Oops. :guilty:

Last edited:
I wonder what would be its top speed and 0-100 km/h time. :scared:
Car and Driver clocked the supercharged Atom 3 (with 300 horsepower) at 2.9 seconds to 60, with top speed of 155. They say it's governed, but it's probably actually aero limited. They didn't test the performance of the V8, but they estimate it at 2.3 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 170, with 500 horsepower. I bet this Atom, with 700 horsepower could easily hit 60 in 2 seconds or less. I wouldn't be surprised if it could beat the Porsche 918 off the line (Which reached 60 in 2.2 seconds in C/D's testing), though the 918 would probably be faster higher up. As for top speed, I bet the Atom 700 could go at least 180. I don't expect it to have too high of a top end because of the high amount of drag.

Back