• Thread starter Joey D
  • 5 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Just a heads up, SCS has released the Arizona DLC. It's free of charge and comes with an approx 500mb update that brings a whole host of fixes.

Change log and screenshots here:
http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/arizona-map-expansion-for-american.html

I think one of the coolest changes is the trailer coupling mechanics they've implemented, I'm curious to play around with it and see what kind of extra challenge it brings.

I was watching Jeff Favignano play this (in BETA) a week or two ago and he drove from Yuma to Tucson. Only took him like 10-15 minutes and it was pretty disappointing. Especially since the town I live in currently, which he would have drove past, isn't even on the map. I had high hopes...

I was watching Jeff Favignano play this (in BETA) a week or two ago and he drove from Yuma to Tucson. Only took him like 10-15 minutes and it was pretty disappointing. Especially since the town I live in currently, which he would have drove past, isn't even on the map. I had high hopes...

Not every city is in the game, however, with people making more map mods, yours could be in the game. The time to travel is quick yes, its about 72 minutes to complete 24 hour cycle in ATS. Game is still fun. Like Fallout, Mods are great, and free.

Yeah, you really need mods to breathe some much needed life into the game, imo. However, as I ran into with ETS2, the more they update the game, the more frustrating it can be to run mods as you have to wait & see if your current mods are compatible or if the mod creator needs to update.

Jazzy's packs usually work fine as long they don't mess with the models in the game, but other mods can cause crashes with ease. I was actually waiting for this DLC to drop before jumping back in & hope all my mods are updated by their creators. :indiff:

Yeah, you really need mods to breathe some much needed life into the game, imo. However, as I ran into with ETS2, the more they update the game, the more frustrating it can be to run mods as you have to wait & see if your current mods are compatible or if the mod creator needs to update.

Jazzy's packs usually work fine as long they don't mess with the models in the game, but other mods can cause crashes with ease. I was actually waiting for this DLC to drop before jumping back in & hope all my mods are updated by their creators. :indiff:

My ETS2 profile is a mess. It has not been updated ~9 months or so. I have so many mods. TSM Map, Jazzycat. One time mods etc etc.

My ETS2 profile is a mess. It has not been updated ~9 months or so. I have so many mods. TSM Map, Jazzycat. One time mods etc etc.
I believe I stopped playing right around when the Scandinavian DLC released & the ProMods expansion became incompatible. I had planned to pick it back up after ProMods said they would work to make their mod function alongside the DLC, but I just kind of lost interest waiting (I'm sure it's done by now). ATS allowed a fresh start & I didn't have to worry getting the DLC, ProMods & all my other add ons working together.

Back