Armando Marini?

United States
Maine
VooDooChilde333
Do we have a Armando Marini among our members?
Just curious, I was searching google-play store and browsing anything that came up in the search "GT6", and of coarse we have Praiano's 'Gran-Praiano6' (which as we know Praiano is iconic in tuning and the app is awesome), and Dark-Lions tune app, but then I saw something new.
There's an app called GT-tuning-wizard, made by this guy named Armando Marini. I looked at the app preview and it didn't look like it was just thrown together. So I was just wondering if Armando wqs one of US. Is he? Anyone know Armando or his background and driving style, ect?
Again, just curious.
Praiano I know, and I've known and used his tunes for years now, I know they are awesome, so spending a few dollars on his app is worth it to me. (And has been worth it since I got it) But I don't know this other guy, and would never blindly throw money away just to see if the app and tunes are worth it. Hence, this post.
Is he one of us, or does anyone know him?

Last edited:
I don't know is it?
Thats why I asked here, I figured someone could shed some light on the subject.
If it is, this is an example of the dangers of multiple names. If you have earned a name for yourself, wouldn't you want to make sure in situations like this that WHO you are is never a question?
Is it voodoo though?

Edit:
And because I don't know where to gripe about this, I will use a post I already have open.............
Does anyone know when the PSNetwork is going to be up?
WTH is this junk about being down on Christmas day??!
I have racing to do and need my log-in bonus like 3 hours ago. I can even deal with the seasonals being down, but when do I get my bonus back?????? Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:
You should edit the play-store page, and throw your nickname somewhere, mainly because of the reason I mentioned:
I would never spend real money on someone I didnt know they knew thier business. But it was too professional looking to be just some nobody, which is why my curiosity led me to ask here, lol ^^

You should edit the play-store page, and throw your nickname somewhere, mainly because of the reason I mentioned:
I would never spend real money on someone I didnt know they knew thier business. But it was too professional looking to be just some nobody, which is why my curiosity led me to ask here, lol ^^

It's a good idea. I'll give it some thought.

I guess I should also point out the difference between the apps mentioned (without plugging mine, since that's against the gtp eula)

Mine is a calculator. I have some tips to make the most of it on my youtube channel.

I'm not fond of static tunes since they leave you screwed if you have to move the car to a different category or if the static tune simply doesn't work as well as promised. Also, with so many cars and configurations available, it's almost impossible to find ready made tunes that cover all the possibilities.

I used my calculator every time I played, so I figured others would find it just as useful.

I'm hoping to build some of the fine tuning tricks right into the app, but I had to start somewhere.

Big thanks goes out to a very special friend that came to the rescue! I owe him some scotch!

I honestly think both apps are extremely useful.
Your App is kind of geared towards fellow tuners or those in the process of learning to tune. (ahem... like myself and just about everyone in the tuning forum^^)
Praiano's App also has two target crowds. First, nontuners, who no matter what the tune is designed for will find it 99% better then stock, and second, fellow tuners who will either use the tunes as is or use the set ups as 'base' tunes meant for further fine tuning to be done to meld it to each ones own driving style.

Both are very very useful to this community, as we are made up of hundreds of all the above types of people.
Myself, just as I use MC's tuning guide, like to utilize every guide/tool/thing I can to attempt to learn and better my tuning skills a little bit every day. I say Kudo's to everyone^^

Purchased the app for iOS. This is a game changer for me. With all the tuning guides available, I still don't know where to begin. Grateful to all the tuners that generously share their tunes, which I then edit to my style. But with this app, I can now buy any car and tune it myself.

My initial thoughts on the app... well done voodoovaj! The app provides a great base setup for me to tune. Tested with FF, FR and 4WD drivetrains so far to positive effect. My test: set PP; set fastest possible lap on stock suspension; test app's suspension. The first lap on app's suspension has consistently been 1.2 seconds faster than fastest lap on stock suspension.

Next time on GT6 will be to test this app versus stock suspension of race cars.

I have not yet had the opportunity to pick up the App, but as someone who has used @Voodoovaj 's Spreadsheet based calculator for a rather long period of time now I can tell you that it has shaved hours off of my tuning efforts. The tool is able to give me a great Base Tune as a starting point. For most, this Base will be more than good enough to compete in online rooms.

For those like myself with some tuning knowledge and desire, it makes it much faster to get to that initial balanced setup. I am part of a league that races 15 - 16 races each season. Getting the base setup proper before the first race is so much faster now, that it allows me more time to focus on the track specific fine tunes and getting the much needed "seat time" for each track prior to the race. As a result, I have seen a significant improvement in both my finishing results and within the overall points standings.

Back on GT6 to give more challenges to this app.

1st test - Tuning Wizard vs default suspension of Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12. Suzuka testing ground. First lap on app's suspension was already 1.9xx seconds faster than the fastest lap I set on the default in-game suspension. No surprise considering the app's success providing faster times with road cars.

2nd test - Tuning Wizard vs the grand master, Praiano. Expectations for the app were low for this test. Mr P just posted 500pp FT-86 Concept '10. I kept the car on SH tires with P's setup. 5 laps on Suzuka with 2.19.325 fastest lap. Enter the Tuning Wizard. (Now, I did not add ballast because I wanted to keep it true to how I would set up initial tune. Car was also 500pp but 70 kg lighter and 14 hp less than Praiano's.) 5 laps on app's initial tune, and my fastest lap was 0.3xx slower than P's setup. No surprise. I couldn't get enough rotation through the corners. Made adjustment and next lap out was 0.3xx faster than P's! :eek: Outburst of childish giggling. I felt the car could be quicker and made another adjustment. Next lap out was 0.866 faster than fastest lap I just set. More uncontrolled giggling ensued! I have a 500pp tune that is 1.2xx sec faster than Praiano?! :eek::eek: Thanks to the Tuning Wizard, I have a base setup to tune.

Well done, voodoovaj! :bowdown:

Thank you for the compliments and I'm glad to hear that the app did so well in your test. I could use all the recommendations in the world! :gtpflag:

I am working on trying to make it better and adding a slider to adjust for tight/loose conditions. Hopefully it won't take long to get that version up and out.

Thank you for the compliments and I'm glad to hear that the app did so well in your test. I could use all the recommendations in the world! :gtpflag:

I am working on trying to make it better and adding a slider to adjust for tight/loose conditions. Hopefully it won't take long to get that version up and out.
Didn't know you finished app. purchased it and can't wait to try it. Big fan!

Looking forward to any future improvements! If I can provide feedback.... It's not a deal breaker, but the slider to adjust spring stiffness takes a few attempts to grab. I have iPhone 5s.

Looking forward to any future improvements! If I can provide feedback.... It's not a deal breaker, but the slider to adjust spring stiffness takes a few attempts to grab. I have iPhone 5s.

Ya, I know. Hopefully it can be better in the next rev.

I know this thread is a 364 days old but I need to know what happened @Voodoovaj cause his app is not in the IOS App Store anymore and I wanted to redownload the app:(:(

Back