• Thread starter Nasadus
  • 17 comments

Nasadus

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Nasadus-NL
Nasadus
Check out the new TGS trailer of Armored Core 4 for the PS3 (previously known as Project Force) here.

I am a big fan of mech games and i think this looks absolutely stunning. Great detail on the mechs and awesome particle effects. Just see it for yourself, i doubt you won't be impressed.

The trailer is pretty big (35MB) so have patience while it loads ( you can also download it if you want).

Link to quicktime not to wmv. WMP buffers like a ma'.

Buffers fine for me.

Looked semi-impressive imo, the detail is there but I'd want to see far more destruction in the final game, bits of buildings blowing off with stray shots, maybe have some cars dotted around, it'd be great to see a firetruck at the side of the road and trample on it. I don't mean make it a living city, just have some more stuff in there, parked cars ect and make it fully destrucatble.

Some of this may already be in but I know nothing about te game barring what I just saw.

Yeah.

I wish there was an armored core with total effing chaos. Like, if you blow the hell out of something, it should engulf you in this raging inferno. You'd need like special armor that's heat protectant. I hope stuff glows red hot when blasted.

Armored Core games can be so ridiculously fun...the genre has incredible potential. They should capitalize on that.

I'm guessing the game is still pretty early in development so who knows what they'll have in the final version. It certainly looks very promising. I like how the mechs actually look like they are made from metal. I want to see sparks flying when the swords clash. I want the game to have a certain realistic factor to it.

I would also like to see Kojima Productions make another Z.O.E game for the PS3. I can't even imagine how it would look.

but sparks would need to be to scale. I hate when I see these huge sparks that fly off of swords that are like 3 stories tall. Sparks are sparks...not garage-door-sized fireballs.

How can it be old when it was first shown at the TGS? There is another trailer from Project Force wich is old but it's not this one.

ah, leaped before i looked because on another forum they had pictures from the old trailer calling it armord core 4. oops.

I would love to see Zone of the Enders on PS3.

I always liked Armored Core's style, but the games were always lame.

You're definitely right, the last couple Armored Core games I beat (AC3 and Silent Line) were cool just because I love giant mech battles (who doesn't?), but they had very lame stories, TERRIBLE graphics, and not very good destruction effects. I hope they fix that all up for PS3.

Dude..I fell in love with AC at AC 1...

then AC 2 came out..and i was gah gah over that too..

You reaally CAN'T go wrong with Giant mech battles..

especially when you can customize them..

Xenogears
Armored Core
Mech Assault
Mech Commander
Metal Fatigue

It's always fun inflicting pain..

but even more when it's in a 8 story metal monster

Driftster
Dude..I fell in love with AC at AC 1...
then AC 2 came out..and i was gah gah over that too..
You reaally CAN'T go wrong with Giant mech battles..
especially when you can customize them..
Xenogears
Armored Core
Mech Assault
Mech Commander
Metal Fatigue

It's always fun inflicting pain..

but even more when it's in a 8 story metal monster
I haven't played any of the others on that list. Does AC have the best customization of them all? AC has so many customization options it's ridiculous. In a good way.

oh A/C does have the best customization by a LOOONG shot..

Mech assault isn't customization..but it's a very fun online game....

Metal fatigue is a RTS with mechs...and mech customization..

So is Mech Commander

Xenogears..well..that's just freakin awesome

Driftster
oh A/C does have the best customization by a LOOONG shot..

Mech assault isn't customization..but it's a very fun online game....

Metal fatigue is a RTS with mechs...and mech customization..

So is Mech Commander

Xenogears..well..that's just freakin awesome
Did you ever play Armored Core: Nexus? It's the only one for PS2 that I haven't beat yet, but if it's just clone of Silent Line I'm not sure if I want to play it.

Driftster
no..Not had a chance to play any of the newer armored cores.....if you DO play it...let me know how it is....and i'll go pick it up
Haha, or you do the same for me. ;) I might give it a rental sometime if I can find it. The Armored Cores are very hard to find in video stores here. :(

Oh I forgot a game..

Ring of Red..

Very very fun game..if you like that kind of Strategy game..

It's like "advanced wars" for gameboy.

but for Ps2..and "3d"

Back