Armored Warfare (PC/PS4, F2P)PS4 

Russian Federation
Moscow
Rage_Racer_VOLK
RageRacer48
http://aw.my.com

Another free-to-play MMO tank action game is now in open beta. Unlike World of Tanks and War Thunder, this one is about modern tanks and other fighting vehicles (tank destroyers, self-propelled artillery and even APCs).
icon.jpg

Armored Warfare is a free-to-play multiplayer online shooter video game currently in open beta developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Mail.Ru. The game will be operated by My.com in North American and Europe, and by Mail.Ru in Russia and Central Asia. The game features combat vehicles from the 1950s through modern day and includes destructible environments as well as player vs. environment and player vs. player gameplay.[1]Armored Warfare is built on the free-to-play business model with in-game micro-transactions available for certain features and upgrades.[2] It will also have the option of signing up for premium account time, which allows bonuses to progression. Armored Warfare launched into open beta on 8 October 2015 for PC.[3]

(c) Wikipedia

Anyone playing this?

I've just started, played a few PvP matches (and lost only one :D), unlocked and bought a T-54. Well, the gameplay is pretty similar to WoT, even the UI, but the graphics and sound effects are much better, thanks to CryEngine. Also, I like the co-op (PvE) battles. WoT should have some, too.
ScreenShot0016.jpg

P.S. In Russia, this game is known as "Armored Warfare: Project Armata".

Looks good. If it comes to PS4 or if my new PC will be able to run it I'll give it a go.

The tier 2-3 tanks here are the same as WoT has on tier 9-10: T-54, T-62, M48, M60, Leopard 1...
(The M41 Walker Bulldog is on tier 6 in Wot, though.)

The scout cars (like LAV-150) are pretty fun to play. They play the same role as light tanks in WoT - spotting the enemy for your team and hunt lightly armored targets (artillery, light tanks and other AFVs).
ScreenShot0022.jpg

But I focus on the MBTs, particulary the Russian T-series. T-90 is my goal. Right now, I'm on the T-62. Also got the M60 and Leopard 1.
ScreenShot0023.jpg

I think I'll leave War Thunder for a while... :sly:

The game has been released on PS4. Free to play, and available even without PS Plus subscription.

I tried it on the console. It has different mechanics from the PC game (simplified). I'll see if I find it better or worse.
But since AW runs kind of unstable on my current PC, I'll switch to the PS4 version for a while. Unfortunately, there's no known way to transfer my progress to PS4.

Back