Arrests made in Sony Network Breach

• Thread starter Racer XO
  • 13 comments
GTP_RacerXO | NastyNelson
BuddhaPalm
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/06/spain-arrest

Spanish police have arrested three suspected computer hackers allegedly linked to recent cyberattacks on Sony's PlayStation Network as part of the shadowy international "Anonymous" network of hackers.

National Police said in a statement that the three are Spaniards ages 30 to 32, The New York Times and Associated Press report.

Police said a computer server in the home of one of the suspects, in the port city of Gijon, was used to hack two major Spanish banks, an Italian energy company and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand.

Very interesting I'm glad they were able catch them, I wonder if they will find others and if there are any associations between these guys and Geohot.

Good i read about that earlier too

Help fight corrupt gouverments, is a ok. Causing millions of loss to an entity because you don't like them, not ok.
They can be happy they are arrested in Spain and probably not exported to an other country who files claim.
Though some would probably liked them to get prosecuted in Iran

The whole hacker scene right now is harming the internet more than anything else. If this stupidity continues, the gouverment will regulated the internet as some politicians have already suggested in the past. They playing right into their hands.

it wasnt anonymous this time .... it was a group called lulzsec

Actually the article states that they are being investigated as being part of Anonymous so we will see who they are affiliated with for sure when all the details start coming out.

Good i read about that earlier too

Help fight corrupt gouverments, is a ok. Causing millions of loss to an entity because you don't like them, not ok.
They can be happy they are arrested in Spain and probably not exported to an other country who files claim.
Though some would probably liked them to get prosecuted in Iran

The whole hacker scene right now is harming the internet more than anything else. If this stupidity continues, the gouverment will regulated the internet as some politicians have already suggested in the past. They playing right into their hands.

Some governments do regulate it, however, as shown with many instances, prohibition is incredibly stupid, especially given the hacker collective will be able to out shine many a government security measure.

I don't really see this doing anything for the situation, but that should of course never let bringing criminals to justice be put aside.

These ones been arrested for crashing MasterCard and paypal etc, not for the somy breach

Directly from the article :dunce:

Spanish police have arrested three suspected computer hackers allegedly linked to recent cyberattacks on Sony's PlayStation Network as part of the shadowy international "Anonymous" network of hackers.

Hopefully now that these three have been caught, more details will be released has to how much of the PS3 users info was taken and what happened to the stolen info. (i.e. sold off to whoever, etc ) :scared:

I hope to get my PS3 soon. I'm glad I wasn't potentially in the crossfire had I a PSN account before this hack job. Justice against perpetrators of any crime is ALWAYS great news.

Back