- 241
Hey folks, I was B-spec-racing last night the El Capitain Endurance (could not resist, it was too hard to race the last professional championship with the Zonda...) anyway, I was paying attention to the damn arrow everybody wondered about. I know people were asking about it but I am not sure if they came to a common result. If they already did, sorry, could not find it in the search... If not, I've figured that out.
The arrow tells you when the behind car has covered a particular sector faster than the front car (i.e. reduced time difference).
Illustrating...
..........................................................1st.......2nd
___A__B__._______.________................B..........A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
Cars A and B are in the same sector 1 right now. When Car B finishes the sector, the game will wait for car A to finish the sector so it will calculate the new time difference between cars.
..........................................................1st.......2nd
________.AB______.________................B....<...A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
The computer sees that A finished the sector closer to B, and it will light up the arrow until B (or A, if it passes B) finishes the next sector.
..........................................................1st.......2nd
________._____A__.B_______................B..........A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
When A finishes the next sector, it will calculate all again, and repeat the process on and on.
Note: The computer will only calculate and show the arrow for cars that are on the same lap (and for what I noticed, only on the same lap AS YOU ARE)
Note: Sometimes it will take a longer time to show the arrow because of the time difference between cars... i.e. car A is finishing sector 3 while car B is finishing sector 1... it will wait until car B finishes sector 3 (and A will be far far way) to show (or not) the arrow regarding that sector
Note: When a pit stop occour, the computer will take usually 2 laps to start displaying (or not) the arrow.
Well, I guess this is it! I'd like to thank the Lotus Elise 99 for helping me and my S7 to figured it out (it tried really hard to catch up...
)
The arrow tells you when the behind car has covered a particular sector faster than the front car (i.e. reduced time difference).
Illustrating...
..........................................................1st.......2nd
___A__B__._______.________................B..........A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
Cars A and B are in the same sector 1 right now. When Car B finishes the sector, the game will wait for car A to finish the sector so it will calculate the new time difference between cars.
..........................................................1st.......2nd
________.AB______.________................B....<...A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
The computer sees that A finished the sector closer to B, and it will light up the arrow until B (or A, if it passes B) finishes the next sector.
..........................................................1st.......2nd
________._____A__.B_______................B..........A
......sec 1 .......sec 2........sec 3
When A finishes the next sector, it will calculate all again, and repeat the process on and on.
Note: The computer will only calculate and show the arrow for cars that are on the same lap (and for what I noticed, only on the same lap AS YOU ARE)
Note: Sometimes it will take a longer time to show the arrow because of the time difference between cars... i.e. car A is finishing sector 3 while car B is finishing sector 1... it will wait until car B finishes sector 3 (and A will be far far way) to show (or not) the arrow regarding that sector
Note: When a pit stop occour, the computer will take usually 2 laps to start displaying (or not) the arrow.
Well, I guess this is it! I'd like to thank the Lotus Elise 99 for helping me and my S7 to figured it out (it tried really hard to catch up...