Art Morrison 3G Vette up for auction

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 9 comments
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MastrGT
Would you buy a piece of GT history?

FB-IMG-1540097311070.jpg

In January, 2019, Art Morrison's 3G Vette will sell under auction with no reserve bid, through Barrett-Jackson.

If you can attend The SEMA Show, in a few weeks, you can see the car on display there, then it goes back to Barrett-Jackson to be prepared for sale in the middle of January, at Scottsdale. It is enroute to Las Vegas now for the B-J display.

https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge...3g-for-sale-scottsdale-collector-car-auction/

The 3G Vette was one of the first laser-scanned cars in Gran Turismo - GT5.

What would you bid for a piece of GT's history?

I personally wouldnt even if I had a hundred million. I dont have much affinity for the SEMA cars in any of the three games.

I feel like there's also a lot of purists who would rather have an original C2 Corvette.

You're probably not the weathly GT fan that would bid on such a thing. One who would, probably never heard of GranTurismo. But if I had the loot, I would toss 25k into the ring, just to see what happens.

At the risk of sounding elitist here but I'll say that most SEMA cars never were my cup of tea.

Some of them kinda look good, like the Toronado that appeared in GT6 and the Nova in GT Sport, some other of these are downright awful for my tastes, like the Mach 40 and this Corvette.

If there is one, but only one SEMA that I actually like, it's the Buick Special that appeared in GT4 but that's mostly because of nostalgia.

Hell ya, I'd be all over that car as well. That's a one of a kind car.
All those Barrett-Jackson auctions are on TV here , like 8 hours a day for three days. I'll have to definitely watch to see what it goes for.

Back